• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Federal XM80 at 50 cents a Round!

jtallen83

I can barely load some .308 Win range ammo for 50 cents a round.  Buying this is a labor-free operation.  25 cents per Hornady 150gr FMJBT projectile, 19 cents worth of RL15 powder, and 3.2 cents for a large rifle primer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the post dates on those reviews .

7.62 m80 has been plated steel jacket for a long time now. Just like the tons of Russian ammo people shoot is plated steel. 

The mild steel is plated, but when the rifling engraves the bullet it will cut through some of that plating and you will have steel on steel. However, That is pretty soft mild steel and is a tad thinner then a gilding metal jacket. It's hardness may be a few ticks higher then gilding metal but its still so much softer then the barrel steel that you or the barrel will never know the difference. Throat erosion will usually wreck a barrel before the rifling goes to poop. 

8 hours ago, sketch said:

shits i gotta go do the magnetic test. its still a good ammo for the price.

Nothing wrong with it , there is a shooter on the M14 Forum that said he gets better score with other surplus ammo , but I never intended this for Match ammo  nor is it intended for it , I would think . I wish I had more extra blow $$ to order more , but my Socom is wasting all my extra $$ ( three more weeks ! :thumbup: )