• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Texas high school shooting

98Z5V

11 hours ago, thegreatoutlaw said:

I would not carry in my place of work even if they allowed me to do so. The only thing I would do is keep it in a lock box if allowed in my desk. The only problem with that is if I am not in the exact location of an attack it does not good for the first few minutes until the SRO or person with a gun can arrive.

Think about the last sentence you wrote. Also, think about why you conceal carry at all, anywhere. The last ten words you wrote say "until the SRO or person WITH A GUN CAN ARRIVE".

Well sir, if you're carrying concealed you are ALREADY there with a gun, and can defend yourself or others. If you're unarmed, you're at the mercy of the killer. AND, you're now waiting for the person WITH A GUN. Think about that for a minute.

God bless our teachers. I love all of them. After I retired from the prison system in Texas I went to work in Santa Fe High School as a substitute teacher, and worked with the two teachers who were killed. I'd give anything if I could have been there to take their place. Instead, after about 3 months as a sub and seeing what goes on in the high school, I went back to work in the prison system, where my skill set was more appreciated and useful.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, mley1 said:

Think about the last sentence you wrote.

I read the whole paragraph he wrote, and couldn't even comment on it.  I'm glad you called it to light, I'll just get worked up if I try to address everything in there.

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I read the whole paragraph he wrote, and couldn't even comment on it.  I'm glad you called it to light, I'll just get worked up if I try to address everything in there.

Yea, I understand. The whole discussion on this is a tough one for me, since I knew many of the people killed. And, when I think to myself of all the ways this could have been prevented, yet the school administration hadn't implemented any of it, even though they could have. Texas law allows for districts to train and arm teachers that want to be armed. In fact, we have districts already doing that very thing. And, then there's the side issue that has come up regarding bullying. I could write a book about the bullying in my school district. I had to remove my youngest son from the district due to severe bullying. In fact, it was so severe that kids had threatened to kill my son. We reported everything to the principal, nothing was done. We reported to the superintendent, nothing was done. We went to the school board, nothing was done. We even went to the SFISD police, and again, nothing was done. One child even brought a knife to school, and threatened my son with it. My sons crime, and reason for the bullying, he was a black kid in an all white school. Santa Fe is well known in the area as a location where the KKK live. In fact, one resident here has a large brick wall and gate at the entrance to his place, with a a very large dragon, and the words Dragons Den at the entrance. It's rumored he is, or was, a leader in the KKK. The police said they could do nothing until SOMETHING happened. What that something was is anybody's guess. Because, they took no interest in the allegation that a kid brought a knife to school as a threat to stab my son. So, I removed my son from the district and enrolled him in a charter school. He excelled, and graduated a full year before his peers. He would've been a senior at SFHS this year. I'm glad I got him out of there.

In SFISD there are lots of good people, teachers, admin, and students. It only takes ONE though to commit this kind of heinous crime, this kind of tragedy. I truly love my town, even with all of it's faults. The tragedy should never have happened. It was, and is, preventable. It is just going to take men and women in power to drop their nuts and do something about it. And, it's going to take people that live here to insist they do something about it. My biggest fear is that this situation will just be forgotten over time, and nothing will be done. People have a way of just, forgetting. They'll go on about their lives, and forget what happened in my little town. And, when the smoke clears, it'll be the same podunk town with the same problems it had as before. Just waiting for another tragedy to happen.......................................