• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Texas high school shooting

98Z5V

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

The Feds aren't going to stop these school shootings their policies are one primary cause. Give the schools back to the locals let them sink of swim.

This and somehow convince the media to stop giving these evil fuks the publicity they crave.

My brother works in a school district in North Texas.  It is a small school district where all of the schools are next to each other and have less than a few hundred students total.  He is going to a training over the summer where he will be allowed to carry at school for these type of incidents.  There is at least one other person going at the same time with others to follow.

I don't know much of anything about the training except that I doubt if it is long enough to prepare for the responsibility.  IIRC, it is only 3 days.  Hopefully, they have much more training through before he needs it.

Hardening schools, all schools mandatory, immediately, is the only solution; money.   Even then, these Little Pukes will still slip through.  If you own a gun, you are responsible.  The dad should be charged with 10 counts of murder.  These Little Pukes make me sick.  

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

still a valid idea. Gun owners need to take the lead in solving this problem that has cropped up in our society.

That's why I'm all over the idea of the Federal Semi-auto license idea.  It's a ZERO COMPROMISE situation, from OUR standpoint - legal gun owners.

It makes the other side think we really made a huge compromise - and then THEY NEED TO GIVE SOMETHING. 

Everyone went batshit nuts on that, and giving anything away, and wanted every single inch back that was ever taken in history.

Anyone else out there with a semi - and no license - bam.  Jail.

Works with suppressors, right?  Yeah, if you have one, and you don't have a stamp for it, you're a felon-in-waiting.

Works with SBRs/SBSs, right?  Yeah, if you have one, and you don't have a stamp for it, you're a felon-in-waiting.

I don't see the big deal in the kickback on that idea... it would fucking WORK.

Edited by 98Z5V

3 hours ago, COBrien said:

Is it sad that I was slightly relieved to read he used a shotgun and a .38?

Nope. Not sad at all, considering the viscious cycle we've been through with fucked up politicians that don't know the first thing about semi-autos, in the least. The first thing they think is "I HOPE IT WAS AN AR OR AK THAT HE USED!!!" so they can go on their tirade about the fakeass "assault weapons" thing again.

It's not sad to feel that relief, not in the least. It's SAD that the other side is just chomping at the bit, HOPING that's the firearm used - so they can push their agenda.

THAT is what's sad. AS FUK.

They give not ONE FUK about how many people were killed.  Zero Shiits. They just want it to be "people killed with the gun they want banned FIRST..."  And then, there's the second one, third one, etc. 

For the other side, it's even better that it was a school-aged shooting, so they can capitalize on kids. Again. 

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, Inthebushes said:

Hardening schools, all schools mandatory, immediately, is the only solution; money.   Even then, these Little Pukes will still slip through.  If you own a gun, you are responsible.  The dad should be charged with 10 counts of murder.  These Little Pukes make me sick.  

Amen.  Thus endeth the sermon.  :hail:

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I just noticed that @mley1 is in Santa Fe, TX.  I hope everything is OK with you and yours.  Let us know if you get a chance.

Hi guys. Today has been a very sad day. Many of my friends and family were affected by the school shooting in Santa Fe, TX. Thank you to all for your prayers . Here is a link to some of what's been happening. Friends were lost today.

Thread on Santa Fe, TX school shooting. A tragic day.

3 minutes ago, mley1 said:

Hi guys. Today has been a very sad day. Many of my friends and family were affected by the school shooting in Santa Fe, TX. Thank you to all for your prayers . Here is a link to some of what's been happening. Friends were lost today.

Thread on Santa Fe, TX school shooting. A tragic day.

I am sorry for you and your family, and every one affected there. 

This shooting was possibly over a girl...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/20/texas-school-shooter-targeted-girl-who-denied-his-advances-her-mother-says.html

The mother of a 16-year-old girl who was killed along with nine others in Friday's shooting at a Texas high school says she believes the suspect intentionally targeted her daughter.

Sadie Rodriguez, mother of Shana Fisher, said suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, repeatedly made advances toward her daughter in the four months leading up to the deadly shooting.

Pagourtzis was an ex-boyfriend of Fisher’s best friend, Rodriguez added.

“He kept making advances on her and she repeatedly told him no,” Rodriguez told the Los Angeles Times via Facebook Messenger. “He continued to get more aggressive.”

The grieving mother said the week before the shooting, Fisher “stood up to him” and “embarrassed him in class.”

"A week later he opens fire on everyone he didn't like," she wrote. "Shana being the first one."

Rodriguez didn't say how she knew her daughter was the first victim, the Times reported.