• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Texas high school shooting

98Z5V

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I completely understand those words, in entirety.  List the links to the changes to the NFA 1934...  Cite sources.

The NFA 1934 has never been amended, or changed.  Prove me wrong.  :thumbup:

This?  That you posted?...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

Show me the change, or amendment, that was listed in that link?...  There aren't any.

37 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I completely understand those words, in entirety.  List the links to the changes to the NFA 1934...  Cite sources.

The NFA 1934 has never been amended, or changed.  Prove me wrong.  :thumbup:

From the ATF's own site;

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/national-firearms-act

"Title II amended the NFA to cure the constitutional flaw pointed out in Haynes. "

"In 1986, this Act amended the NFA definition of “silencer” by adding combinations of parts for silencers and any part intended for use in the assembly or fabrication of a silencer."

And this little quote from their site should give you a hint on what they think about proposed intentions;

"While the NFA was enacted by Congress as an exercise of its authority to tax, the NFA had an underlying purpose unrelated to revenue collection. As the legislative history of the law discloses, its underlying purpose was to curtail, if not prohibit, transactions in NFA firearms. "

Edited by jtallen83
forgot to include the ATF link

20 minutes ago, Hotwrench said:

I am sure it's just rumor and propaganda but I was told that .308ar.com has a person that delights in stirring poop. Again just rumor and propaganda.

Stirring schit helps to speed the decomposition process by adding fresh oxygen. I always like to be helpful.  :banana:

24 minutes ago, Hotwrench said:

I am sure it's just rumor and propaganda but I was told that .308ar.com has a person that delights in stirring poop. Again just rumor and propaganda.

If they implied it is just one, it is some rumor and propaganda. We're waist-deep in poop stirrers.

19 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

If they implied it is just one, it is some rumor and propaganda. We're waist-deep in poop stirrers.

???

4 minutes ago, Hotwrench said:

Damn, I wanted that job but with all the competition I am just out gunned. Oh well I can always find anothe position.

That sounds like a VERY wise choice 

but if if you’d like a shit shake I could gladly mix you one up.......

Edited by shepp

Meh, what's a little lively discussion amongst brothers? We don't always see eye to eye on everything, we wouldn't learn much of anything if we did. Heck, most of us have already expressed our viewpoints about this very issue, and not at all in concensus.

Expecting a discussion that's political in nature not to get a little heated is unrealistic. If you have a point to argue, put it out there as passionately as you please. Just don't descend into petty BS that violates the forum rules.

Finally, remember that the overall tone here is intended to make newcomers feel welcome and benefit from sticking around. It doesn't matter how right you are if people are going to disregard you for being an ass. Something for everyone to keep in mind.

I wear my "Peacemaker" moniker with the same pride as Tom wears "DEWS", and I will tase anyone I have to in the gonads to restore levity. So ya'll play nice now, ya hear?

Carry on!

2 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

There you go again.  I'm about to get into your ass like you've never been seen before...  

You've made your last fucked up comment towards me, that I'm gonna take.  You think you've had a free pass, to this point, because I haven't said anything.

You, literally, are a nobody. You are a blowhard, that only wants to stir shiit, and you don't know what you're talking about.

You're about to get a dose of me that you won't like.

This is your last warning.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, Hotwrench said:

That's why I'm all over the idea of the Federal Semi-auto license idea.  It's a ZERO COMPROMISE situation, from OUR standpoint - legal gun

98, I hope you have had time to think that over.

Who the fuk are YOU to come out of nowhere, and challenge what I said?  I don't have to "think anything over" that I've said.  I said it, and it's fucking done.  I don't look back at my comments, based on WHY I make my comments in the first fucking place.  You, even thinking that I need to contemplate something like that makes you a fucking nothing.  I don't walk back anything that I say.  Ever.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:28 AM, Hotwrench said:

98, I hear that you believe you have a good idea.  I will never willingly give up my Liberty in the manner you ascribe to.  I don't have a need for an sbr or full auto and can only see that plan leading to more opportunities for bad laws to be written just to gain range toys, Liberty is too serious a matter.

Shows me where you stand, right there.  Nothing about ANY full auto was ever mentioned - but YOU had to throw it in. Because reading comprehension kicks your a$s.  You can't even comprehend that the "laws" in talking about have already been in effect for every single Tax Stamp device since 1934, and those laws haven't changed. Not once.  The "procedure" is going down not, today, exactly as it has in the past, with zero deviation.  However, "your range toys" aren't that important to you, so fuk other gun owners that have a real need for hearing protection, and suppressors... 

On 5/26/2018 at 5:27 PM, Hotwrench said:

98, Let's start over.

I looked back at this thread, I didn't spot anyone saying your plan would be a good idea. I saw several that disagreed, none as in your face as my comments.  I guess that is why I drew your fire.

As an addition to what jtallen83 offered look at this web site for inexpensive copies of the Constitution.  https://nccs.net/collections/pocket-constitution

Nope, you drew my fire because you're a fucking idiot, plain and simple.  That's all that did it.  To further compound my guess that you were a fucking idiot, you feel the need to "link" me something to a "pocket constitution."

Motherfucker, I solemnly swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I would bear true faith and allegiance to the same - for more than two fucking decades of my adult life. Any YOU think that YOU can challenge me on that?  You're a giant piece of shiit, if you think that you're better than me, and think you've accomplished more than I have.  That just leaves you in the hole that you're in, though - thinking you are something.  When you're nothing. YOU better yank out that pocket constitution, and find out what went wrong with you.  I defended my country, proudly, in uniform, for two decades.  Lemme know how you did, fuckhead.

Comes from another fucking STUPID comment you made here, where you said I was an "unknown."  You stupid fuk, I'm QUITE KNOWN here... but it tells me where YOU stand...

22 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

Like I said, I read it under your post. If that isn't enough to suit you go pound sand. You are the one pushing this idiocy and you are a one girl, girl scout troop on this issue, no one else seems to agree.

I'm not the one pounding sand, here, fukchops.  That'll be... you.

11 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

Thanks, your reply is better than the one I had in mind. To quote you. "This license idea is compromise and I have seen how well compromise works in the past. "

98, quit trying to put lipstick on that pig. Quote, "

tried to tell you not to make this personal, but you couldn't help yourself.  You just HAD to keep going. 

Really, that is in common use where I come from and I never saw anyone take it as a slam before. But it points out a useful thing, communication is hard when it takes place between people with different cultural backgrounds, in this case east coast country and I guess west coast unknown. Don't be so easily offended, if you don't understand follow another piece of east coast country advice, let the rough side drag.

Told you again,about the personal attacks, and you defended it, calling it "local" or something.

I will use yet another bit of country wisdom, I will consider the source.

This really was the last one, with you, fuckhead.

Here, on this board, I can tell you this.  I've had enough of your shiit.  I've tolerated enough - that you thought you could just get away with. I can guarantee you this right here - everytime you make a comment, I'll be there to wreck it. Everytime.  It's not like you came here to help anybody, though, and you're providing any kind of help to anybody with gun issues.  You are here for you.  And when you are, I'll be right here to kick you straight in your balls...

Guarantee that, motherfucker. 

3 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

That is YOU, and I'm here to end it.  I will end you, here...

2 hours ago, Hotwrench said:

Damn, I wanted that job but with all the competition I am just out gunned. Oh well I can always find anothe position.

No, you still take it.  You're on top, of being the asshead with the comments, and zero contribution. I will fix you.  :thumbup:

Instead of running your cockholster all the time, maybe you should have stuck around and LISTENED sometime... 

Edited by 98Z5V

By the way, Hotwrench, I already heard that you were whining and crying to Mods and Admins... before I ever posted that last one.

Grow the fuk up and fight your own fights, you candyass POS... 

Hotwrench - quit being a little bitch, and crying to the administration of this board, trying to get me censored.

Just be a fucking man about it, and come back in here and talk the same shiit you were talking before, when you thought your internet balls were so huge before...

You're a giant candyass...  What a waste... 

You were tough before, and had alot to say.  Now, all you can say is the complaints to board admin, wanting me "censored..."  :lmao:

Sure shows where YOU are, Hotwrench...   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

Back to thread: one thing about politics; the other party will eventually get into power. If it doesn’t we have ceased to be a democracy, period. So to protect our 2nd Amendment Rights, firearm owners need to understand that the issue of gun control will come up again and again. What is going to drive any new legislation is the public’s perception of what is most important; the right to own firearms or the safety of my self and my loved ones? This wave of school shootings is working to change the public’s perception and not in a good way. As firearm owners we need to do everything possible to prevent that rising wave from reaching the tipping point of total or near total ban on semi automatic rifles and pistols and maybe on firearms in general. We can depend on the NRA and other groups short term to hold the line, but once that “not one inch” wall is breached, what is behind it?  Firearm owners need to be planning for the battle based on the political climate 5-10 years from now and act to defuse the current growing resistance to semi automatic rifle and pistol ownership. To do that we need to 1. Reduce these school shootings by Working on effective ways to keep firearms out of the hands of people who should have absolutely no access to them, whether it is effective enforcement of existing laws and regulations, or promoting stronger barriers to possession by people who have violated laws or found to be dangerously emotionally unstable. For that reason I support exhaustive, thorough back ground checks on ANY one who purchases a firearm from anywhere, and the rights of LEOs to remove firearms from individuals who are exibiting dangerous behaviour. 2. A National Firearms (or semiautomatic/pistol license, or whatever you want to call it,)makes sense. As 98 has put so well, in the NFA administration of suppressors and class III firearms, the framework is already there to do so. And might very well if properly done, be a benefit in allowing suppressors and class III firearms to more individuals. Whatever, the end product would be, it is the firearms owners of this country that need to lead and direct the conversation of how to prevent the mass shootings happening, because if we don’t we will be at the mercy of anti gun organizations when they get the political majority. And they will push for total or at least Commiefornia type regulations. We need to lead the discussion and action on how to have legal responsible firearm ownership in modern society, and how to prevent their misuse by disturbed individuals. Enough said.

Gentlemen, I'm saddened to see that the tragedy in my town has us calling each other names, and arguing. That's what the left wants, us divided. Don't give them that satisfaction. Respect goes a long way when in a controversial discussion on a topic we all hold dear.

This tragedy didn't happen on the East coast, or the West coast. It happened in TEXAS. Texas is a state in which we hold our 2nd Amendment rights very close. This happened in a town where most of us love our guns, hunting, and shooting. I have not seen ANYONE that actually lives in my town advocate for ANY type of gun control, period. It's always folks from outside who come in that want to tell us how to live. Well, quite frankly, that pisses most of us off.

Securing schools is not rocket science. It's quite simple really. Our court houses are safe. Our planes are safe. Our banks are safe. Our government buildings are safe. Generally speaking, we hold our judges, lawyers, airplanes, legislators, and money to be more valuable than our children. Think about that for a minute. Securing our schools against violence should be an easy task, if the school districts would actually hold our kids just as valuable as they hold their money. If judges and lawyers are more valuable than our kids, there's a problem with our value system. And, God forbid if anything happens to legislators or our money. Our children need to be more valuable than anything. Yet, it's become obvious to me they're not.

Yea, it's a simple problem, with simple solutions. And, NONE of them require ANY gun control. I do appreciate you gentlemen discussing this tragedy. Idea's about how to prevent from happening are always welcome. Please understand though, in my eye's, the solution is real simple. A blind man could see it. And, it sickens me that so many don't.

1 hour ago, mley1 said:

That's what the left wants, us divided. Don't give them that satisfaction.

If my conduct caused you any concerns I offer my sincere apologies to you. I would like to express my sorrow at what you and your area must be experiencing after  the preventable horror you have been forced to experience.

3 hours ago, mley1 said:

Gentlemen, I'm saddened to see that the tragedy in my town has us calling each other names, and arguing. That's what the left wants, us divided. Don't give them that satisfaction. Respect goes a long way when in a controversial discussion on a topic we all hold dear.

This tragedy didn't happen on the East coast, or the West coast. It happened in TEXAS. Texas is a state in which we hold our 2nd Amendment rights very close. This happened in a town where most of us love our guns, hunting, and shooting. I have not seen ANYONE that actually lives in my town advocate for ANY type of gun control, period. It's always folks from outside who come in that want to tell us how to live. Well, quite frankly, that pisses most of us off.

Securing schools is not rocket science. It's quite simple really. Our court houses are safe. Our planes are safe. Our banks are safe. Our government buildings are safe. Generally speaking, we hold our judges, lawyers, airplanes, legislators, and money to be more valuable than our children. Think about that for a minute. Securing our schools against violence should be an easy task, if the school districts would actually hold our kids just as valuable as they hold their money. If judges and lawyers are more valuable than our kids, there's a problem with our value system. And, God forbid if anything happens to legislators or our money. Our children need to be more valuable than anything. Yet, it's become obvious to me they're not.

Yea, it's a simple problem, with simple solutions. And, NONE of them require ANY gun control. I do appreciate you gentlemen discussing this tragedy. Idea's about how to prevent from happening are always welcome. Please understand though, in my eye's, the solution is real simple. A blind man could see it. And, it sickens me that so many don't.

Anyone that thinks our kids mean more to those that are in charge of where the money allocated toward  "Education" of our children goes hasn't been paying attention to how much school administrators are played compared to how much schoolwork teachers are paid or how safe the big yellow-dog buses are. Hell they don't even have seatbelts! 

12 hours ago, mley1 said:

Well said.

9 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Anyone that thinks our kids mean more to those that are in charge of where the money allocated toward  "Education" of our children goes hasn't been paying attention to how much school administrators are played compared to how much schoolwork teachers are paid or how safe the big yellow-dog buses are. Hell they don't even have seatbelts! 

Yeah it is sad to see good programs getting cut at times. Most teachers/professors don't make enough to live off of. And supposedly those busses are supposed to be safe but the other day we had a semi vs school bus crash with 20 injured students and 2 of which were critical and needed med flight. I drive my kid to school, I don't let anybody pick him up in anything.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, but I wish we did not have to say this over and over. Sadly, until society address, real issues such as division, hate,  social media bullying, and being scared to label a person as dangerous, mental problems, or dangerous behavior will never stop. People are so scared of offending people instead of making threats, bullying, violent threats, and labeling people as mentally unstable and getting them help. It is a shame as a school teacher I see first hand how insecure schools really are and also the violence, hate, division, stupidity, and students and family members of them that need help but are not getting it. I think we need to look at our morals as a society and figure out what is the underlying issues that are causing this. Is it the breakdown of the family home, lack of moral values through religion or being taught right from wrong, the lack of respect to authority, the lack of respect to humans, and the disregard for enforcing and following the rules. How does one break the cycle? Bullying is far more then we remember due to technology and social media. The youth are ruthless and brutal to each other on various platforms leading to fights, shootings, suicide, and other violent attacks or outburst.  This is why we must all take the role of the sheepdog and learn how to protect our own and raise our children right, They are the future and if there is any hope is not caving into the far left we must train them to be independent thinkers and value freedom. I don't know the exact answer, but I am not giving up my rights for someone else to feel safer. If you follow the stabbing, vehicle attacks in Europe, and the bombs going on in Europe, it seems that if someone wants to inflict harm, they can use other ways besides a gun.  

Here's a BIG problem in society today...  Did you know that some fucking video game company came out with a game called "Active Shooter," and it's in a school?!!?

WHAT THE FUK?!!?

Read all about it:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=lzAOW4ePBMuq0gKXqJWIAQ&q=active+shooter+video+game&oq="Active+shooter"+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i131k1j0i3k1l3j0j0i3k1l2j0l3.1766.6746.0.9537.18.17.0.0.0.0.387.2033.2j13j0j1.16.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.15.1940.0...0.hnquUL5netU

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

WHAT THE FUK?!!?

Sounds like they are "walking it back" from what Fox said this morning. I imagine the industry does not want the spotlight on their violence factory games. That whole gamer situation is proof that behind the scenes it's money and it's champions that rule society, all the outrage feigned by the snowflakes is just manufactured to manipulate as long as it doesn't hurt the bottom line.

10 hours ago, thegreatoutlaw said:

My prayers and thoughts are with you, but I wish we did not have to say this over and over. Sadly, until society address, real issues such as division, hate,  social media bullying, and being scared to label a person as dangerous, mental problems, or dangerous behavior will never stop. People are so scared of offending people instead of making threats, bullying, violent threats, and labeling people as mentally unstable and getting them help. It is a shame as a school teacher I see first hand how insecure schools really are and also the violence, hate, division, stupidity, and students and family members of them that need help but are not getting it. I think we need to look at our morals as a society and figure out what is the underlying issues that are causing this. Is it the breakdown of the family home, lack of moral values through religion or being taught right from wrong, the lack of respect to authority, the lack of respect to humans, and the disregard for enforcing and following the rules. How does one break the cycle? Bullying is far more then we remember due to technology and social media. The youth are ruthless and brutal to each other on various platforms leading to fights, shootings, suicide, and other violent attacks or outburst.  This is why we must all take the role of the sheepdog and learn how to protect our own and raise our children right, They are the future and if there is any hope is not caving into the far left we must train them to be independent thinkers and value freedom. I don't know the exact answer, but I am not giving up my rights for someone else to feel safer. If you follow the stabbing, vehicle attacks in Europe, and the bombs going on in Europe, it seems that if someone wants to inflict harm, they can use other ways besides a gun.  

I agree. Which then brings up the question, how do we protect the children in the schools when society does NOT address the real issues? That means some hard choices have to be made. Choices about securing our schools make some people uncomfortable. They don't want the schools to be like a "PRISON". Well, take your pic. Do we want our kids in danger? Or do we want to ensure that the only people who enter that have a gun are the good guys? I personally chose the latter. Gun free zones DO NOT WORK, period. End of story. A gun free zone is an invitation to a person with a criminal mind. It's like letting the fox into the hen house, a feeding frenzy.

In this school shooting we lost two substitute teachers, who were trying to PROTECT the kids. Guess what, no guns on them. So, they protected the kids by taking a bullet for them. They DIED protecting our kids, WITHOUT a gun. Wouldn't it have been better if they protected the kids by killing that piece of poop, with their own gun? I mean, really. If we don't want our schools to be like a prison, where everyone is checked at the door with metal detectors and there's only one way in or out, then we must give our teachers the ability to protect both the students and themselves. At least give them the CHOICE to have the ability to protect the children and themselves. Right now there are too many folks, mostly from the outside of our town, who are saying no to this idea. As if THEY know what's best for our kids. I've heard many say that teachers are only supposed to TEACH our kids, they have enough to worry about without carrying a gun. Or, no, don't give them a gun, they might shoot innocent kids. Well, guess what. Without a gun, they ALL get shot. NOBODY is protected. And, for those who say have cops on campus, WE DID. One of them confronted the person very quickly, and he was shot. In fact, our police response was EXCELLENT. Much better than the Parkland shooting in Florida. Our guys DID go in and take action. 10 people still lost their lives. We can play what if games all day long. The bottom line is that if Mrs Perkins, or Miss Tisdale had had a gun on them, they and the other students may not have died that day.

The choice is ours really. The real question in my mind is do we CONDEMN our teachers and students to the reality of NOT having the ability to defend themselves, and be at the mercy of a crazed killer? Or, do we give them a chance to survive a deadly attack. We can at least give the TEACHERS that choice. I also believe that anyone who has a License To Carry in the state of Texas should be allowed to carry in the schools. Who better to protect our kids but their parents who are packing. These choices, are simple choices. To me, they're common sense. Yet, I see people on Facebook, and in forums elsewhere, discussing all kinds of bullpoopy that mostly centers around gun control. And, NONE of them has a clue what the hell they're talking about. They honestly believe that banning guns, or increasing the difficulty in getting guns, will stop a violent crazy person. They don't have the sense to look at what gun control has done in the past. They don't have the damn sense to see that gun control hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried. Gun control has NEVER worked to stop violence, and it never will. Guns aren't violent, PEOPLE are.

Yea, I know. I'm preaching to the choir. Thanks for listening fella's.

3 minutes ago, mley1 said:

I agree. Which then brings up the question, how do we protect the children in the schools when society does NOT address the real issues? That means some hard choices have to be made. Choices about securing our schools make some people uncomfortable. They don't want the schools to be like a "PRISON". Well, take your pic. Do we want our kids in danger? Or do we want to ensure that the only people who enter that have a gun are the good guys? I personally chose the latter. Gun free zones DO NOT WORK, period. End of story. A gun free zone is an invitation to a person with a criminal mind. It's like letting the fox into the hen house, a feeding frenzy.

In this school shooting we lost two substitute teachers, who were trying to PROTECT the kids. Guess what, no guns on them. So, they protected the kids by taking a bullet for them. They DIED protecting our kids, WITHOUT a gun. Wouldn't it have been better if they protected the kids by killing that piece of poop, with their own gun? I mean, really. If we don't want our schools to be like a prison, where everyone is checked at the door with metal detectors and there's only one way in or out, then we must give our teachers the ability to protect both the students and themselves. At least give them the CHOICE to have the ability to protect the children and themselves. Right now there are too many folks, mostly from the outside of our town, who are saying no to this idea. As if THEY know what's best for our kids. I've heard many say that teachers are only supposed to TEACH our kids, they have enough to worry about without carrying a gun. Or, no, don't give them a gun, they might shoot innocent kids. Well, guess what. Without a gun, they ALL get shot. NOBODY is protected. And, for those who say have cops on campus, WE DID. One of them confronted the person very quickly, and he was shot. In fact, our police response was EXCELLENT. Much better than the Parkland shooting in Florida. Our guys DID go in and take action. 10 people still lost their lives. We can play what if games all day long. The bottom line is that if Mrs Perkins, or Miss Tisdale had had a gun on them, they and the other students may not have died that day.

The choice is ours really. The real question in my mind is do we CONDEMN our teachers and students to the reality of NOT having the ability to defend themselves, and be at the mercy of a crazed killer? Or, do we give them a chance to survive a deadly attack. We can at least give the TEACHERS that choice. I also believe that anyone who has a License To Carry in the state of Texas should be allowed to carry in the schools. Who better to protect our kids but their parents who are packing. These choices, are simple choices. To me, they're common sense. Yet, I see people on Facebook, and in forums elsewhere, discussing all kinds of bullpoopy that mostly centers around gun control. And, NONE of them has a clue what the hell they're talking about. They honestly believe that banning guns, or increasing the difficulty in getting guns, will stop a violent crazy person. They don't have the sense to look at what gun control has done in the past. They don't have the damn sense to see that gun control hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried. Gun control has NEVER worked to stop violence, and it never will. Guns aren't violent, PEOPLE are.

Yea, I know. I'm preaching to the choir. Thanks for listening fella's.

I would not carry in my place of work even if they allowed me to do so. For one you are a target if it is know your carry by accident or by another staff member running their mouth who views guns different. This could even be your superior. The school system is all about politics and making everyone feel safe and special. Next if good forbids someone was harmed by your gun by defending lives or someone taking it the school board, DOE, media, social media, and society will demonize you and ruin your life.  Society doesn't defend teachers now, imagine what would happen if they ever had to use their gun or it was taken then used for harm against others. The only thing I would do is keep it in a lock box if allowed in my desk. The only problem with that is if I am not in the exact location of an attack it does not good for the first few minutes until the SRO or person with a gun can arrive.