• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS Oracle 308- Re-start

Had a lot of self inflicted problems logging in, but think they've been resolved. I have a DPMS Oracle in 308 with the 16 inch barrel. I put a different grip on it, a non-ventilated free float barrel and a UTG Bugmasters 3-9 scope on it. Shoots fairly well. Posting as ripper51 and Mike Schwartz, I asked for suggestions like a different handguard, muzzle flash hider/brake, trigger, etc and got great answers. Unfortunately I lost all the suggestions and can't find them by searching the posts. The scope in the pictures is my old reliable, Leupold VX2. Liked it but liked the Bugmaster better. Bugmaster has Mil-dot reticle which I can use.  Could I ask y'all to make the suggestions again. I'm trying to use this in NRA HP OTC at 200, 300, and 600 yards. 16inch is a little short for trying anything longer. The color is off in the pics as the grip is actually desert sand color, not scum green.

Thanks in advance.

rifle1.jpg

rifle2.jpg

rifle3.jpg

rifle4.jpg

rifle5.jpg

rifle6.jpg

rifle7.jpg

rifle8.jpg

rifle9.jpg

Same pics you posted last time, under your different usernames...  :thumbup:

7 hours ago, MSchwartz said:

Could I ask y'all to make the suggestions again.

All those suggestions that were made before, are in the links to your previous posts, above.

But then again, what do I know...

And for 98Z5V- have no idea who you are or what you do other than post.

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Same pics you posted last time, under your different usernames...  :thumbup:

All those suggestions that were made before, are in the links to your previous posts, above.

But then again, what do I know...

I don't know what you know or don't know. I do know you enjoy needling people. I do know you offered advice before but maybe you need to socialize a little more and learn how to speak to folks. All of us are professionals in something. You appear to be a professional in irritating folks. So far you haven't irritated me, but then again you do keep trying. 

Windows 10 and the various Chrome browsers have an irritating habit of storing passwords and equating them to site cookies in many different areas. Unless you get rid of all or just wipe the PC and start again, you run into site authentication problems. Especially with Invision-powered websites.  It doesn't matter if I post under one name or 60, they are still questions asking for help. Either offer the help in a polite manner or don't offer.  You have issues, and I don't have the time for them.

For the others who helped, thanks. I'm not in a position to follow up on the previous recommendations. I'll let most of you know what happens. Presuming of course, 98Z5V doesn't get a wasp up his kazoo and have me banned.

8 minutes ago, Mike Schwartz said:

For the others who helped, thanks. I'm not in a position to follow up on the previous recommendations. I'll let most of you know what happens. Presuming of course, 98Z5V doesn't get a wasp up his kazoo and have me banned.

Oh, make no mistake - you'll dothat all on your own, just as you did the previous two times under two different names.

You've pretty much just done it already...   Good job.  :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Mike Schwartz said:

I don't know what you know or don't know. I do know you enjoy needling people. I do know you offered advice before but maybe you need to socialize a little more and learn how to speak to folks. All of us are professionals in something. You appear to be a professional in irritating folks. So far you haven't irritated me, but then again you do keep trying. 

Windows 10 and the various Chrome browsers have an irritating habit of storing passwords and equating them to site cookies in many different areas. Unless you get rid of all or just wipe the PC and start again, you run into site authentication problems. Especially with Invision-powered websites.  It doesn't matter if I post under one name or 60, they are still questions asking for help. Either offer the help in a polite manner or don't offer.  You have issues, and I don't have the time for them.

Just to preserve what you posted...  that's the only reason I quoted your full post... :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Mike Schwartz said:

Windows 10 and the various Chrome browsers have an irritating habit of storing passwords and equating them to site cookies in many different areas. Unless you get rid of all or just wipe the PC and start again, you run into site authentication problems. Especially with Invision-powered websites. 

That's not true - I've worked as an Admin on several - many - Invision-powered message boards since 2004.  What you're saying is just bullshiit. 

2 hours ago, Mike Schwartz said:

You appear to be a professional in irritating folks.

Take a look right under 98Z5V, see the term DEWS, guess what that acronym stands for? Hint, he does an outstanding job of living up to that! 

3 hours ago, MSchwartz said:

holding my mouth

That and read would be my advice...........

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh, make no mistake - you'll dothat all on your own, just as you did the previous two times under two different names.

You've pretty much just done it already...   Good job.  :thumbup:

Thanks for the upcheck. Haven't been banned under the other two logins and hope this is the last login change.

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's not true - I've worked as an Admin on several - many - Invision-powered message boards since 2004.  What you're saying is just bullshiit. 

And your formal training indicates that as well sir. See, don't you feel better already? You're opening up a little and letting us see your true self.

10 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Take a look right under 98Z5V, see the term DEWS, guess what that acronym stands for? Hint, he does an outstanding job of living up to that! 

That and read would be my advice...........

Distant Early Warning System? Deactivated Extra Water Supplier? Disgruntled Expert With Something?<GRIN>

1 hour ago, Mike Schwartz said:

Distant Early Warning System? Deactivated Extra Water Supplier? Disgruntled Expert With Something?<GRIN>

I bestowed that particular acronym upon realizing his uncanny ability to recognize idiotic types at extreme distance, thus the Dumbass Early Warning System.

Our policy by and large is to let folks stick around until we can get a full sense of who they are and whether or not they will make positive contributions to a community built around informing newcomers to the platform, and learning from those familiar with it and it's intrinsics.

So far the DEWS has been uncannily accurate, it's up to the newcomers to prove it wrong.

Matt.Cross- Thanks. I came here after finding out that the sum knowledge of local experts was less than desired. For example, putting an Oracle lower together with other brand uppers seemed to create a firestorm of local discussion. I like DPMS. Have a couple or more in 223/556 and like working on them. Had a bad experience with one DPMS in 308 a few years back but at least the info provided here was worthy of the authors. 

I was about to embark on a whirlwind of changes to the 16 inch Oracle 308 last year when I had  a couple of serious health issues crop up. The changes were what I needed to see in order to put the rifle in a config that I could depend upon. I thank everyone for their patience. As previously stated, my expertise has been with other-than-AR-platform rifles. Now I'm trying to build knowledge and expertise in that area.

And everyone- Have a Happy Day.

25 minutes ago, Mike Schwartz said:

Matt.Cross- Thanks. I came here after finding out that the sum knowledge of local experts was less than desired. For example, putting an Oracle lower together with other brand uppers seemed to create a firestorm of local discussion. I like DPMS. Have a couple or more in 223/556 and like working on them. Had a bad experience with one DPMS in 308 a few years back but at least the info provided here was worthy of the authors. 

I was about to embark on a whirlwind of changes to the 16 inch Oracle 308 last year when I had  a couple of serious health issues crop up. The changes were what I needed to see in order to put the rifle in a config that I could depend upon. I thank everyone for their patience. As previously stated, my expertise has been with other-than-AR-platform rifles. Now I'm trying to build knowledge and expertise in that area.

And everyone- Have a Happy Day.

My advice: Be straight forward and specific with your questions regarding firearm issues. Check the archives for recommendations, the questions you are going to ask have probably been asked before. It is more work then asking the same questions that have been asked of our more knowledgeable members dozens of times, but you will find the best trove of 308AR information to be found on the Web. With good reason, they get tired of answering the same questions over and over.