• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I can’t leave well enough alone

Robocop1051

Been a “beaver” and “tail” man all my life, only reasonable that I put them on my pistols. I even put the larger grips on my AR’s to simulate that grip. 

Paid extra for my Sig elite model, just for the beaver tail. After I bought this super ? Glock I knew I was going to need one. 

I fumbled with a few options. I even considered sending it away to have one melted into it. The issue is that the Gen4 has limited option, the 45 cal’s reduce those options even more, and having a magwell on my grip pretty much eliminated all options. In the long run I decided to just make my own. 

Glock G41 Gen4 MOS

the Gen4 pistols come with a set of pistol back straps. I picked out the med sized beaver tail, cut it to size with some large shears, then used a dremmel to make it “perfect”. It didn’t spend 10 mins on this project... which makes me more embarrassed that I waited this long to do it. 

8D750309-A08D-47D7-99B5-E92C4C7DC2B7.jpeg

426AD30B-03A7-4DE4-A565-C628155197A1.jpeg

Tom, get your soldering iron warmed up. If I make it down there in the fall, we’re taking these gawdam finger grooves off and stippling the fuckoutta this grip. We will call that Wednesday the “Paint N Stipple Party”

13 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

Tom, get your soldering iron warmed up. If I make it down there in the fall, we’re taking these gawdam finger grooves off and stippling the fuckoutta this grip. We will call that Wednesday the “Paint N Stipple Party”

I'm DOWN with it, brother!!! I picked up a new soldering gun, too - we can melt grip out in the desert with THIS bastard!

milwaukee-2488-21-m12-cordless-soldering

I've already got extra 4 amp and 6 amp batteries for the other things, so we'll NEVER run out of juice!

By the way - I really like how you did that.  It almost makes it look like you've got a grip safety.

Just like real guns have...   :banana:

3 hours ago, sketch said:

thats hady! can you feel the transition while gripping? seems it would be just at the palm? nice work!

I don’t notice it in my grip, but I agree it looks a little “off”. If I get some more time with the dremmel, I’m going to taper the edge a little more. That should smooth out the transition a bit better. 

9 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I don’t notice it in my grip, but I agree it looks a little “off”. If I get some more time with the dremmel, I’m going to taper the edge a little more. That should smooth out the transition a bit better. 

Don't do it. It's working right now.  You mess with it, and it won't function.  Right now, it really thinks it's a real gun, with a real grip safety...  :lmao::banana:

10 minutes ago, sketch said:

what did it look like before ? time line pic bro?

This (on the left) is what it looked like before I cut it. Glock sends four backstraps with their Gen4 and Gen5 pistols. You get a Med and Lrg standard grip, and a med and lrg beavertail grip. I cut the med beavertail. The lrg version is MUCH thicker.

Image result for gen 4 backstraps

My Gun Pusher, lovely guy that he is, informed me that I'm a "Glock Blue Label" guy. I don't know what the fuk that means, but I think it means I have to buy 2 glocks a year from him, at some kind of a discount through glock.

This is gonna suck...   :laffs:  For me... :lmao:

My Gun Pusher just ain't right, brother. I'm putting in for deer tags this year in the area he told me to.  I hope I beat him to the punch, so to speak... 

NEVER. LIVE. IT. DOWN...  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

Greg WILL be here.  When had Greg shown up, that you haven't? 

(Very first trip doesn't count, that was like 2011...)

Don't puss out.  You CAN'T puss out...  I'm just sayin'...

You telling me that the ONLY .338 Lapua Magnum will be Ron's MRAD?!  Matt and I mapped this out, already, we can go 2,200 yards here...

TWO THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED YARDS...

Edited by 98Z5V