• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sling fastening on DPMS

Sorry, I really goofed that up. Here it is again, hopefully making some sense!  

I recently purchased a DPMS Panther AR10 and would like to know the correct way, or your preferred way, to fasten the front end of a 2-point sling. There is a fastener only on the stock; nothing at the front end. Advice much appreciated!

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Thanks, shepp! If a little more editing capability was allowed here I'd clean it all up. ?  Somewhere along the line I came to think the name AR10 also applied to the DPMS .308. I appreciate the clarification!

It's very commonly misused, most folks don't care until the differences between the manufacturers bites them in their nether regions. Only Armalite makes an AR-10.

When I bought my new in the box DPMS LR 308 Oracle at a Local gun shop, back in 2014,  I asked the shop owner to install a front sling swivel, he removed the handguards and screwed in a QD sling swivel into the rifle, detached the QD swivel and replaced the handguards, I had never owned a LR308 before that.

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Thanks, shepp! If a little more editing capability was allowed here I'd clean it all up. ?  Somewhere along the line I came to think the name AR10 also applied to the DPMS .308. I appreciate the clarification!

No problem, and welcome, feel free to tell us about your self in a post in the intro section