• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Might have been Shepp!

98Z5V

It don't look like they cleaned them. Once in the 1970s, I took some Russian trainee Engrs. fishing in an Oklahoma lake and they only used string and baited hooks (no rod&reels) they kept every fish they caught, carp, suckers, bass and catfish.  That night they built a fire, gutted some of them, filled the pot with lake water added salt pepper and boiled them about 3 minutes and chowed down. It was a sight for sore eyes!

Every time they stock the lakes near here, all the Asians show up and have a strategy for removing as many fish as possible. There will be a few vans roaming the lake that stop and "visit" with their friends. Exchanging coolers at each stop. It's been pointed out to the authorities that manage the lake and they don't seem interested to put a stop to it. It's a shame. These are smaller treatment facilities with the city that have a really low fee to fish. Within a week of stocking they're cleaned out. 

On 8/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, ARTrooper said:

I don't usually fish for pan fish, but crappies are strange. I got into a school of big ones one time and was pulling them in left and right with 1/2 ounce rattle traps. those paper lips are some of the best tasting fish in my opinion. 

All I used to fish for when I was a kid, used to ride my bike to a farm pound just about every day in the summer. We got into the crappie one day there only thing they would bite on was a pink and white tube jig, I lost mine and thru everything in my tackle box in there and nothing

On 8/9/2018 at 7:32 AM, DNP said:

Every time they stock the lakes near here, all the Asians show up and have a strategy for removing as many fish as possible. There will be a few vans roaming the lake that stop and "visit" with their friends. Exchanging coolers at each stop. It's been pointed out to the authorities that manage the lake and they don't seem interested to put a stop to it. It's a shame. These are smaller treatment facilities with the city that have a really low fee to fish. Within a week of stocking they're cleaned out. 

We have/had a lot of Cambodians in my town, heard a story once of a house of them that would lure ducks in their house then whack them.

same thing with fishing they keep anything and everything Most can’t afford boats so they eat a lot of rough fish outta the river. This guy up in Madison I used to talk to at one of my accounts was crazy in the winter cuz he could go places he couldn’t in the summer little Asian guy name boon he’d go out on very minimal ice, I told him I was to fat and smart for that 

Ohio lakes and reservoirs as a kid.  I run my paper route in the morning, and head to the reservoir, all summer long, no school. I'd crush crappie and blue gill, as much as I could carry on my bike back home, on gill stringers hanging from the handlebars, each side...  I'd make my own breakfast of those fish -  and eggs - sauteed fish in butter on a skillet, with mushrooms, of course.

I wish I was still a kid... 

Edited by 98Z5V

54 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Ohio lakes and reservoirs as a kid.  I run my paper route in the morning, and head to the reservoir, all summer long, no school. I'd crush crappie and blue gill, as much as I could carry on my bike back home, on gill stringers hanging from the handlebars, each side...  I'd make my own breakfast of those fish -  and eggs - sauteed fish in butter on a skillet, with mushrooms, of course.

I wish I was still a kid... 

Same, stringer in one side tackle box on the other, bottom fish usually didn’t have tails when i got home cuz they’d swing in the bike spokes 

it was 2-3 miles to the pond, once a week I had to ride 7 miles into town to mow my grandparents lawn (it was safer than her picking me up ?) 

also wish that this adult shit is a scam 

There used to be some blacks that would fish there, an older couple from a few towns away the lady would tell us “you boys ain’t got no patients if y’all did y’all catch mo fish” we’d always ask what they fished with cuz they’d catch monster crappies 12-13” it was allways “reeeed woooorms”.

one day some one was throwing rocks down the hill thru the woods at us when we were fishing near them. My buddy and I thought it was some other kids we knew and didn’t get along with so we started yelling back i said somthing like “throw another rock I got a knife I’ll stab you” turned out it was a couple of adult males and they cornered us on the way out asking us if we were ni$&er lovers and asking use why we were fishing with ni$&ers and this and that, honestly that’s the only time in my life I ever saw true racism. The guy called me out about my knife comment and shit, scared the fuck outta me. We luckily knew the people who lived at the top of the hill and we booked our asses up there