• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

need help with rear sling mount

chainsaw

4 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Are the sling mounts that fit under the castle nut a universal fit between ar15 and 308 ar?I bought a magpul mount that didn't fit.can't seem to find anything that is designated for 308 ar.

Pics of what you have (rifle config), and what you bought -will be invaluable here...  :thumbup:

Blurry and dark and hard to see what you are talking about. ...it looks like a single socket for a QD sling swivel? is the plate magpul? Or the sling swivel magpul? Does the socket extend forward above the plate? It may not be deep enough to lock the button in. Some lowers have a deep relief at that spot and some dont. Explain why it doesnt fit. Clearance issue? Wont stay locked it? Doesnt fit at all?  help us help you man. 

Edited by blue109

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Where did you buy this part from?

Reason I asked - you got fucked.  Here's what the MagPul QD End Plate looks like:

MAG529-double-2-15.png?format=jpg&width=

676617.jpg

MAG529_01.jpg

What you're showing certainly doesn't look like that...  I'm just sayin'...  

3 minutes ago, DNP said:

But that part is pretty cross compatible, correct?

I think that's the real question of I'm interpereting it right. 

Completely, between AR15s and .308ARs. 100% the exact same part, with zero differences between them, across those two platforms.  Zero differences.

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

i got it at sportsmans warehouse.dont remember the model,had a steel loop on it to clip the sling on

MagPul doesn't make anything like that, man, in your pic. So it wasn't a MagPul part, for sure.  With that pic you posted, I don't see any loops on it, either, from that steel body.

MagPul DOES make an ASAP Plate, though - it's this:

opplanet-magpul-asap-sling-plate-black-m

47_1032_popup.jpg

That is definitely NOT what you have, though...  not from that pic you posted...

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

MagPul doesn't make anything like that, man, in your pic. So it wasn't a MagPul part, for sure.  With that pic you posted, I don't see any loops on it, either, from that steel body.

MagPul DOES make an ASAP Plate, though - it's this:

opplanet-magpul-asap-sling-plate-black-m

47_1032_popup.jpg

That is definitely NOT what you have, though...  not from that pic you posted...

the pic i posted is the factory plate,i am wanting to replace that with one to hook a sling to.the pic you posted here is the one i bought and it wont go on my rifle.that is why i thought maybe they werent compatible between ar15 and ar10

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

I am betting that is a Matrix receiver you have, they are billet receivers and leave some extra meat on them compared to most, those tabs that hang over the receiver on the Magpul loop end plates won't pass over on the Matrix.

yes thank you,i do belive it is matrix.i didnt realize they were thicker.that explains why the one i bought did not fit.

21 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

yes thank you,i do belive it is matrix.i didnt realize they were thicker.that explains why the one i bought did not fit.

You have the Diamondback DB-10. I told you right off the bat that it was Matrix sets, but I was being polite about it.