• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Best low profile adjustable gas block?

Sharpshooter

I've tried to do my research, but the newest info I could locate was from Magwa's post 3 years ago. I'm putting together a "dissy" on a DPMS G2 MOE with a .750 barrel mating surface. I'll be running the MI 15" MLOK rail, and I want to use an adjustable gas block. I know I don't need to use one, but I want to. The MI rail has a 1.3" inside diameter, with a .4" gas tube channel. So far, I see the SLR Sentry 7-S set screw will fit, as will the Seekins Precision Low Profile Adjustable (thanks to info from Wash :thumbup:). The SLR Sentry 7-S has a distance from bottom of the barrel to bottom of the block of .17" and the Sentry 7-C clamp on has a distance of .21" for the same measurement. Interestingly (to me, anyway) SLR recommends using the 7-C only for rails with an ID of 1.35" or larger and the 7-S for anything smaller. I'd prefer to use a clamp on block if I can so I don't have to worry about the existing A2 block pin grooves and the set screws of the new block. Also, I don't have a drill press and I'd hate to f-up the barrel with a hand drill.

So, anything anyone can suggest would be welcome. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Odin Works block and like it more than the Seekins I have on another rifle. The seekins adjustment screw doesn't have detents. Instead it uses a set screw that tightens against the adjustment screw to keep it set in place. The Odin Works adjustment screw has flats milled all the way around it that lock in place against a spring loaded detent. Theres also a stop on the adjustment screw so it cant be unscrewed completely and/or launched into the nether regions of the garage.