• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Who has a Springfield Operator?

DNP

I just got a call from a good friend asking if I had one or had shot one. He has a line on a pretty good deal, but he needs some convincing. I've held one at the store, and considered it as an option when I was shopping 6 months ago, but have never shot it. Seems a bit heavy on the front, but maybe that's a good thing. Anyone here have one, or have and good info for a thumbs up or thumbs down on it?

I have the TRP Operator with the full rail. Mine was the version with the crappy sandpaper grips. The previous owner tossed those and put on Hogue grips with lame finger grooves. I threw that crap in the garbage and put on VZ Operator II grips. This gun is the best shooting 1911 I’ve ever shot. For being an off the shelf pistol, I’m shocked by its relatively low price tag. My only gripe is the adjustable rear sight. When I get the time and $$$ set aside, I’ll have the slide cut for a Trijicon RMR adapter. 

Only pic I can find...

403B2DA9-D2ED-4495-89D3-9D35CE09743D.jpeg

This is the mount that I want to install. It comes with the rear sight (and I can mill off the entire Bomar sight that is already there.)

C7920CB9-3E47-48C5-85AE-22F8D2EB52C4.jpeg

11 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Some guns cost an arm and a leg… This pistol almost cost our friend his eye. 

The smith working on it did anyways...don't give the gun a bad name over that one.  

Tha ks for the input guys. A knew a few of you would have them.