• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need optic

Steel and paper out to 800. Mainly want reviews on primary arms stuff and other reasonably priced optics. 4x14 on low side but I also want it to look good on the gun and not look like the Hubble telescope. Compact with good power I guess if there is such a think. Long scopes look descent on bolt guns but not so good on AR style rifles IMO. Thanks

35 minutes ago, 08sniper said:

Does look good. I always wonder how all that scope hanging out front not supprotedwill work out on those big scopes. 

No problem with a good mount properly installed. You never want to bridge the receiver and the rail with your scope, setting it up for some bad vibrations compared to just staying on the receiver. Never seen an issue with hanging a bunch of scope out there when using quality equipment.

I don't remember if it was Leupold or Vortex when I called them about a military discount, they referred me to either govtx discount program or experticity web site. Then Nightforce requires you to send your drivers lic with the special marking on it identifying one's self as a veteran, after that they send you a discount price list.

Do you go direct to Vortex then?  

That's a good discount by far, saving money to buy more bullets is a good thing. Good luck to you Sir.