• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ArmaLite AR-10A2 Zeroing At 25 Meters

The Wizard

This weekend I am planning to take out my newly acquired ArmaLite AR-10A2 for the first time. To be perfectly clear this is the one that looks like an M16A2 but in 7.62 mm X 51 mm NATO! I want to initially zero for 200 meter at 25 meters. I will then refine that zero on the 200 meter range. I have been looking on the web but I cannot seem to find a clear answer to my question: For a 200 meter zero using NATO standard ball (M80) ammunition, at 25 meter where will the point of impact (POI) be in relation to the point of aim (POA)? I just need a specific distance. Nothing more; nothing less.

2 hours ago, The Wizard said:

I just need a specific distance. Nothing more; nothing less.

Nope, sorry. Can’t do it. Got to post more:

About 1.02 inches low; IF your muzzle vol is 2730 FPS, your scope is 2.5 inches above your Bore Line and at Sea Level with Standard environment temps, barometric pressure, etc. 

i highly suggest you use any online ballistic app to change the numbers as you see fit. But, 1 inch low at 25 yards should get you on paper at 200 yards. 

Crap, I did that in Yards, not Meters. 

Edited by SimonSays
Lack of reading comprehension

Do you not have a way to boresight the Rifle?  If not, you can remove the rear assmbly pin tilt the stock and lower down , remove the bolt group and observe an object (like the top of a telephone pole) out past 30 yards or 25 meters by looking down the bore and without moveing the upper set the scope or iron sights dead onto the object you observed by eyeballing thru the bore and adjust the sights centered over the object observed thru the bore . you will be kind of boresighted.

9 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Do you not have a way to boresight the Rifle?  If not, you can remove the rear assmbly pin tilt the stock and lower down , remove the bolt group and observe an object (like the top of a telephone pole) out past 30 yards or 25 meters by looking down the bore and without moveing the upper set the scope or iron sights dead onto the object you observed by eyeballing thru the bore and adjust the sights centered over the object observed thru the bore . you will be kind of boresighted.

That sounds like a lot of work. Besides sending rounds down range is so much more fun than looking down the barrel.

1 hour ago, The Wizard said:

That sounds like a lot of work. Besides sending rounds down range is so much more fun than looking down the barrel.

Don’t forget the safety factor, knowing where your bullet will hit is important.  Getting close with your eyeball first can avoid those rounds striking in unknown locations.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:15 AM, The Wizard said:

It

On 5/16/2019 at 8:15 AM, The Wizard said:

It isn't a lot of work or much time. Just something that needs to happen if you want to save time and money without a trip to the range.

wizards use magic not boolets? I have done the bore site magic on all my scoped rifles and its on paper with in 3 rounds.. then dial it in from there. pratice a proper break in with a new semi rifle or atleast lube it . lets see some target picks.. happy shooting!