• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Kel Tec PMR30

Belt Fed

I got one of these earlier this year and found it reluctant to cycle. Some light stoning at the breech and cleanup of the magazine feed lips pretty much cured the problem. They're not a tack hammer accurate pistol but accurate enough, and they are very loud. On a gloomy day the muzzle flash is quite impressive. You'll probably want to order a couple of second generation firing pins from Kel-Tec at $6 apiece as the first generation pins are prone to breakage.

Enjoy!!

Regards,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Shot the Kel tec today, run two 30 round mags with two different types of ammo thru it. no malfunctions. was shooting for reliability more than accuracy. I need to move the sight some. but it's too hot to mess with it now. sweat was running down in my eyes. it is bad humid here. I would suggest getting one of the Lula loaders. these mags are a pain to load.

SANY4542.thumb.JPG.98594c576a5176190a3a6bc86e637070.JPGSANY4541.thumb.JPG.015fc14a8321e6fea9b25d9580b313eb.JPGSANY4537.thumb.JPG.1a0c442032a3b9b8c3c834e5d6742bf0.JPG

Edited by Belt Fed

Yeah, it's pretty fun to shoot. sucker has a huge muzzle blast. it's just to hot and humid right now to enjoy it much. That lula loader made for  it's mags makes loading one easy. it was well worth the money. I tried loading one by hand and about half way it gets hard. I said forget this and ordered the loader. I also noticed the mag follower was dragging in the mag kinda hard, I shot of rem oil on the inside walls and that was fixed. that might be some problems associated with the gun.