• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vortex knockers

shepp

I’ve always had a hard time looking thru binoculars. I’m not sure why, but my dad has an oldschool pair of nikons and I’ve looked thru others and I got better vision with my naked eye, never been able to focus. 

Worked some over time and had some money to burn so I stop in cabelas. guy shows me a nice pair of Nikon prostaffs in my payment range. Look thru them across the store focus in on a goose, damn I like these. Ok next I want a chest rig so I don’t have them hanging off my neck all day. Guys like I got this 100$ Sitka rig, nope fuck that........I got this xxxx$ vortex rig but if you buy their nockers it comes with them. Ok where are they at?!? Pick out a pair or crossfire HD 12x50’s. Guy walks me up to the counter I stand there in line behind some people after the cashier whispers something to the guy that helped me. Finally ten min later the cashier says to me with 2 people infront of me “sir if you have cash I can help you, other wise the systems down” I reply “you know this binos are for me right?” He says “yea do you have cash.” I reply “no and I assume you told the guy who brought my 140$ binos up here the system was down, yes” him “yes” me “then why in the fuck did it take you ten min to tell me this?!?” Him “um um um” me “yea have a nice day thanks for wasting my time” 

ended up being a blessing got home remembered I had a 20$ off couple from my birthday and I ordered the vortex crossfire HD 12x50’s. The chest rig is super nice. Comes with lens caps, chest harness, neck sling and lens towel and of course that great vortex warranty. Took them out into the country and did some glassing and they’re the best binos I’ve ever looked thru. I’ll confirm after I get back from the big country but sub 200$ they’re great 

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-crossfire-hd-12x50-binoculars.html

2 hours ago, shepp said:

Ok next I want a chest rig so I don’t have them hanging off my neck all day

The chest rig is super nice. Comes with lens caps, chest harness, neck sling and lens towel and of course that great vortex warranty.

Isn't a binocular chest rig kinda like a bra, for outdoor manly men?   :banana:

I'm just ASKING, brother...    :laffs::hornet:

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Isn't a binocular chest rig kinda like a bra, for outdoor manly men?   :banana:

I'm just ASKING, brother...    :laffs::hornet:

Yea.......

or to protect them, keep the weight of them off your neck and to keep them from swinging all over while hunting and be easily accessible

Edited by shepp

11 hours ago, shepp said:

Yea.......

or to protect them, keep the weight of them off your neck and to keep them from swinging all over while hunting and be easily accessible

Aren’t those the same reasons that women wear bras? Except maybe the hunting, but the easily accessible, well I rest my case.

:banana:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Follow follow up. Over Christmas there were some tundra swans and lots of other migratory birds on lake mendota in Madison. I’ve stowed my binos in my truck, so camera and binos with me I went up to see what I could find. A lot of birds were way to far to photograph but I was able to watch them thru the binos which was nice! I’m really happy I bought these, and they didn’t break the bank either 

6 hours ago, shepp said:

Follow follow up. Over Christmas there were some tundra swans and lots of other migratory birds on lake mendota in Madison. I’ve stowed my binos in my truck, so camera and binos with me I went up to see what I could find. A lot of birds were way to far to photograph but I was able to watch them thru the binos which was nice! I’m really happy I bought these, and they didn’t break the bank either 

I got to check a set of Vortex binoculars out at a gun show recently, they were really nice. That's a great piece of gear you got there brother!