• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

F-35 Maneuver. Wait...What?

dpete

Amazing what the new generations of jets can do. Get a chance look up the SU27-36 class of Russian fighters. They have vectored thrust through a 180 degree plane. Can basically stop, rotate their nose 90 degrees, and launch a missile. Don’t know why the Air Force didn’t demand that with the F35. The F22 has 90 degree vectored thrust. Russians also put vectored thrust on their AAMs.

• 3 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, dpete said:
4 videos total.  When the first ends click the right arrow to go to the next one.

Yes, the F-35 is an amazing bird, I was driving to Milwaukee last year to see it fly, I detoured to Oshkosh on Friday because the F-22 was flying and saw a half azzed low show in intermitant rain, watched most of the airshow, I was soaked and Saturdays forcast wasn't any better, so instead of going to Milwaukee, I drove home on Friday night...

I had gotten up at 2:30 for the drive to Kosh, so when I got all the way South to Bloomington, Illinois, I had both eyes propped open with toothpics, woke up Saturday to take Wifey shopping for furniture, and got a speeding ticket in Woodson, Illinois,,, sucky all the way around.

The F-35 display at RIAT 2018 was amazing, check out the "Dojo Drift" which is a 9G tactical break-out and climb away...

A CHICK is doing the F-35A demo's this year, when ever the airshow season actually starts?? if it actually does???? she's the "commander" of the F-35 Demo Team, so I kinda wonder if she's gonna be attempting the "Dojo Drift"???

1 hour ago, billymagg said:

Yes, the F-35 is an amazing bird, I was driving to Milwaukee last year to see it fly, I detoured to Oshkosh on Friday because the F-22 was flying and saw a half azzed low show in intermitant rain, watched most of the airshow, I was soaked and Saturdays forcast wasn't any better, so instead of going to Milwaukee, I drove home on Friday night...

I had gotten up at 2:30 for the drive to Kosh, so when I got all the way South to Bloomington, Illinois, I had both eyes propped open with toothpics, woke up Saturday to take Wifey shopping for furniture, and got a speeding ticket in Woodson, Illinois,,, sucky all the way around.

The F-35 display at RIAT 2018 was amazing, check out the "Dojo Drift" which is a 9G tactical break-out and climb away...

A CHICK is doing the F-35A demo's this year, when ever the airshow season actually starts?? if it actually does???? she's the "commander" of the F-35 Demo Team, so I kinda wonder if she's gonna be attempting the "Dojo Drift"???

air venture is always a must I usually got every other year. 

FYI ALOT of pilots are “chicks” that was a big thing in the middle eaat “ hey goat fuckers you know those are woman blowing your ass up right?” 

Kim Campbell flew the wings off an A10, one mission she got shot up so bad she lost all hydraulics and had to flee it back on the manual cable system, basically flew a jet with no power steering 

4 hours ago, shepp said:

FYI ALOT of pilots are “chicks” that was a big thing in the middle eaat “ hey goat fuckers you know those are woman blowing your ass up right?” 

Kim Campbell flew the wings off an A10, one mission she got shot up so bad she lost all hydraulics and had to flee it back on the manual cable system, basically flew a jet with no power steering 

Sure, I've got 7 daughters and 2 sons, and yes the Ladies and the Gentlemen are very different on every level.  "Dojo" is an "over achiever", just watch the little RIAT 2018 demo, we both know there are a few chicks that are awesome on the airshow circuit, Patty Wagstaff,  Julie Clark, and in the good old days, I believe Debby Gary flew a hellacious routine in a Bellanca Super Viking...

I'm saying "Dojo" will be a tough act to follow, the "Dojo Drift" has a name because it is a very violent, high G, highly disorienting maneuver... proving the F-35 is highly maneuverable and departure resistant... I was hoping to catch the F-35 demo at Whiteman AFB, I'm gonna be more than a little dissapointed if we don't see that "tactical break"?

I'm new here,  I'm not trying to stir something up, I'm Air Force Brat on the Sino Defense Forum, I'm old as hell, so my viewpoint leans to very conservative. 

Edited by billymagg

4 hours ago, shepp said:

So I'm may buy a John Deere F-35 in Wisconsin, can I come by for a beer and a brat, and a short range session, and maybe you can get me all straightened out, I'll bring the ammo!

So what platform are you operating the Armalite or DPMS??

Edited by billymagg

1 hour ago, billymagg said:

Sure, I've got 7 daughters and 2 sons, and yes the Ladies and the Gentlemen are very different on every level.  "Dojo" is an "over achiever", just watch the little RIAT 2018 demo, we both know there are a few chicks that are awesome on the airshow circuit, Patty Wagstaff,  Julie Clark, and in the good old days, I believe Debby Gary flew a hellacious routine in a Bellanca Super Viking...

I'm saying "Dojo" will be a tough act to follow, the "Dojo Drift" has a name because it is a very violent, high G, highly disorienting maneuver... proving the F-35 is highly maneuverable and departure resistant... I was hoping to catch the F-35 demo at Whiteman AFB, I'm gonna be more than a little dissapointed if we don't see that "tactical break"?

I'm new here,  I'm not trying to stir something up, I'm Air Force Brat on the Sino Defense Forum, I'm old as hell, so my viewpoint leans to very conservative. 

Lol it’s cool, welcome!! You’re in wisconsin? I posted a few weeks ago Madison got approved for for f35’s at the air guard base, I think for 2023 

2 hours ago, shepp said:

Lol it’s cool, welcome!! You’re in wisconsin? I posted a few weeks ago Madison got approved for for f35’s at the air guard base, I think for 2023 

No Sir, I'm in Central Obamastan, about 4 or 5 hours south of you, I may drive to Wisconsin in the next couple of week to pick up a John Deere F-935 for fence rows and ditch's around the farm, if I do I'll PM you, I LOVE Wisconsin, and I love Oshkosh! Congrats on the F-35's at Madison, on of our former governors here in the people republic, ran the 183rd out of Illinois, he had lots of time to think about those things in the big house??? what is it about our Illinois Governor's??

2 hours ago, billymagg said:

No Sir, I'm in Central Obamastan, about 4 or 5 hours south of you, I may drive to Wisconsin in the next couple of week to pick up a John Deere F-935 for fence rows and ditch's around the farm, if I do I'll PM you, I LOVE Wisconsin, and I love Oshkosh! Congrats on the F-35's at Madison, on of our former governors here in the people republic, ran the 183rd out of Illinois, he had lots of time to think about those things in the big house??? what is it about our Illinois Governor's??

Hahaha they’re all slim balls and your new one looks like the ball of Phlegm from the musinex commercials 

• 3 months later...