• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shotguns, why not...

RedRiverII

I just bought the Shockwave,  new to me but it's been out for a couple of years.  Bought another Mossberg  with it.  A 590 Retrograde,  I just love the wood and steel combo.  Finally took one down to the receiver to give it a first cleaning.  I should not have done it a 3 in the morning though.  After failing to see how it went back together I gave up after an hour.   In the morning,  or later in the morning I reassembled it in 5 minutes.  BTW the retro will arrive thurs.  pics to follow.  I see right away you must buy the adapt for shooting the 1 1/2 shells.  They just line up and eject much better,  or if you're willing to put up with a jam -o -matic go for it.

They are a piece of work the Mossberg. ^^^  I'm always amazed with the designs of firearms.  It is especially pleasing to figure out how these mechanisms work based on springs and levers without the aid of electricity.  I remember taking all my toys apart as a child and never be able to put them back together.  I helped a friend at his job one day.  I was in awe of how he repairs some leaking pipe in a  particularly complex design using only 90's and 45's.  Now after being a plumber for forty years I've started taking my guns apart and  fighting to put them back together.  Once I do it seems rather intuitive and easy,  but that first reassembly is the toughest.  Thank goodness for the internet and of course kudos to 308ar.com.  

I bought pump shotguns this go round,  I never had much luck with the semi-autos but then again that was years ago.  I see some fire with all mixed shells and nary a failure.  Maybe soon but for now it's time to use the pumps.  Some of the ranges had remained open but a few of my favorites are opening once again this Fri.  It's time to get out of this not so voluntary hibernation.  Oh yeah,  I forgot I'm waiting on 12 gauge shells.  I guess  could load some of my own and get out on Friday.  Best of Luck men.

Red, they are sold out now, but you have a good place down by you. pjammo.com  He had great prices on 00 Buckshot and 2 3/4 slugs as well as 45 acp. before the craziness. He is in Pompano Beach. He goes to all the gun shows.

Edited by Sisco

11 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

I just bought the Shockwave,  new to me but it's been out for a couple of years.  Bought another Mossberg  with it.  A 590 Retrograde,  I just love the wood and steel combo.  Finally took one down to the receiver to give it a first cleaning.  I should not have done it a 3 in the morning though.  After failing to see how it went back together I gave up after an hour.   In the morning,  or later in the morning I reassembled it in 5 minutes.  BTW the retro will arrive thurs.  pics to follow.  I see right away you must buy the adapt for shooting the 1 1/2 shells.  They just line up and eject much better,  or if you're willing to put up with a jam -o -matic go for it.

Shockwaves are fantastic.  I liked mine so much, I bought another one.  :lmao:  You DO need the OPSOL mini-shell adapter.  Super easy to insert and use, and it runs those 1 3/4 shells like a champ. 

For an auto shotgun that won't break the bank, try a Mossberg 930.  I started mine on a diet of 3" magnum loads.  After about 3 boxes of those, it eats anything.

My favorite trick to play on Range Friends...  Load a 3" Magnum slug first, then fill it up with 2 3/4 #7 birdshot.  They start shooting it a couple times...  turn and smile...  then RIP through the rest of it...  That last one in the tube, when they get to it, is that 3" magnum slug...  :banana:

"YOU A$SHOLE!!!..."   :laffs:

Thanks Shepp,  I visited the site.

I ordered so much stuff lately I forgot which is which.  Just got 50 boxes low velocity 00 PMC from an order I thought was canceled.  I did get the original price,  like .63 per.  I'm seeing the same ammo at 1$ per and they're out of stock.  I couldn't get out early enough to pick up the 590a1 retrograde.  Maybe tomorrow,  Here's the Amazon truck pulling up now.  WTF did I get today?  Nuttin'  it's for the neighbor.  PMRPC re-opened today,  going next week and try all this goodness I got recently.

9 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

Thanks Shepp,  I visited the site.

I ordered so much stuff lately I forgot which is which.  Just got 50 boxes low velocity 00 PMC from an order I thought was canceled.  I did get the original price,  like .63 per.  I'm seeing the same ammo at 1$ per and they're out of stock.  I couldn't get out early enough to pick up the 590a1 retrograde.  Maybe tomorrow,  Here's the Amazon truck pulling up now.  WTF did I get today?  Nuttin'  it's for the neighbor.  PMRPC re-opened today,  going next week and try all this goodness I got recently.

That’s where I buy most my bulk, although I have been hitting the lucky gunner link on the forum some love too. But when I looked for shotty ammo there wasn’t shit but bird shot. 

I joined targetsports.com some time ago.  Free shipping with membership.  I don't know if they have the best overall prices but that free shipping allows me to try different ammo in small quantities without the large shipping charges.  Once a year in the 3 rd quarter of  membership you get a free box of stuff based on your preferences.  @shepp