• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

303 British x2?

sketch

So my uncle passed about a month ago and my aunt is unloading to move. She gave me 2 303 brit #4 m1 1941 (1 for sure?) sporterized? here are some picks.. one looks stalk handcut the other is cleaner newer stalk. These were my grandfathers purchased in the 50's or60's? I found 348 ammo labled 10/46 for the other old gun he gave me a couple years ago!! what do I got here fella's?? 

20200707_191458.jpg

20200707_191219.jpg

20200707_191552.jpg

20200707_191236.jpg

20200707_191617.jpg

20200707_191512.jpg

20200707_191151.jpg

20200707_191538.jpg

20200707_191359.jpg

20200707_192923.jpg

20200707_191412.jpg

20200707_192948.jpg

20200707_191255.jpg

20200707_191341.jpg

20200707_173416.jpg

20200707_191428.jpg

20200707_191445.jpg

.303 Enfields are a HOOT, brother!!!  That's a damn nice gift you received!

Not trying to instigate or anything, but is one like WAY rough, and the other clean?  That rough one is the PERFECT specimen to turn into a De Lisle Carbine... 

I'm just sayin'... :evil:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

.303 Enfields are a HOOT, brother!!!  That's a damn nice gift you received!

Not trying to instigate or anything, but is one like WAY rough, and the other clean?  That rough one is the PERFECT specimen to turn into a De Lisle Carbine... 

I'm just sayin'... :evil:

looking for info as to what I should do? keep em and shoot/ restore or not worth the time? they are in sub par conditions, the one has been done by a saw the other a new stalk and rear sight? 

3 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I've got a special place for Enfield's. They're just sweet, all around bolt guns. Pretty damn accurate too.

in my short time in research they seem very reliable and accurate if not altered?? 

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

looking for info as to what I should do? keep em and shoot/ restore or not worth the time? they are in sub par conditions, the one has been done by a saw the other a new stalk and rear sight? 

My brother....... You ALWAYS keep them. Even if you throw them in the back of the rack, you can always circle back around and clean them up / restore them however you want to.

Granted......that's just my thing. I don't sell anything. Hell....I'll give it to one of you all before I sell it.

5 minutes ago, sketch said:

1.  Take both.

2. Send one to Tom-Ass.

3.  Watch Tom-Ass turn one into a De Lisle Carbine.

4. Wish that you would have turned the OTHER one into a De Lisle Carbine.

5. Ask Tom-Ass where on this great planet that he even FOUND a place - to make a De Lisle Carbine out of an Enfield.

6. Send that other gun off to the place that Tom-Ass told you about, and turn the OTHER Enfield into a De Lisle Carbine.

7. Enjoy the rest of your life, firing the quietest .45 ACP Integrally Suppressed Bolt Gun in existence...

Happy Ending, right there... 

I'm just sayin'...  :popcorn:

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

1.  Take both.

2. Send one to Tom-Ass.

3.  Watch Tom-Ass turn one into a De Lisle Carbine.

4. Wish that you would have turned the OTHER one into a De Lisle Carbine.

5. Ask Tom-Ass where on this great planet that he even FOUND a place - to make a De Lisle Carbine out of an Enfield.

6. Send that other gun off to the place that Tom-Ass told you about, and turn the OTHER Enfield into a De Lisle Carbine.

7. Enjoy the rest of your life, firing the quietest .45 ACP Integrally Suppressed Bolt Gun in existence...

Happy Ending, right there... 

I'm just sayin'...  :popcorn:

well shits now you're not playing nice in the sand box! De Lisle Carbine... Ill do my work thanks for the tip brother! 

5 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

My brother....... You ALWAYS keep them. Even if you throw them in the back of the rack, you can always circle back around and clean them up / restore them however you want to.

Granted......that's just my thing. I don't sell anything. Hell....I'll give it to one of you all before I sell it.

same sentiment here bro! 🍻

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

well shits now you're not playing nice in the sand box! De Lisle Carbine... Ill do my work thanks for the tip brother!

I'm not a COMPLETE dickhead - I'll help, brother... Start here, and you'll fall down that rabbit hole - I'm warning you now.

This is my Holy Grail gun, right here.

haha i just watched that and came back to post it! pretty fucking trick.. can you build one? 

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm not a COMPLETE dickhead - I'll help, brother... Start here, and you'll fall down that rabbit hole - I'm warning you now.

This is my Holy Grail gun, right here.

38 minutes ago, sketch said:

haha i just watched that and came back to post it! pretty fucking trick.. can you build one? 

FUk no, I can't build one, brother - If I could, I'd be a millionaire, and I'd have a hundred of them already.  I know a guy that has an original - a REAL original, from WWII - and he makes them based on THAT spec.  It ain't cheap, and one day, he's gonna have to make one for me.

35 minutes ago, sketch said:

mk1 #4  he quotes #3? 

.303 Enfield action is almost all the same.  #4, #3, it won't matter.

The preferred to make one is from the #5, Jungle Carbine - but it doesn't matter which action it's made from.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

19 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Valkyrie arms used to make delisles. My buddy Dutch has one from there. Nice guns for sure. I think Valkyrie is out of business now. There are a few out there.

Yep, they're done now.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:39 PM, 98Z5V said:

FUk no, I can't build one, brother - If I could, I'd be a millionaire, and I'd have a hundred of them already.  I know a guy that has an original - a REAL original, from WWII - and he makes them based on THAT spec.  It ain't cheap, and one day, he's gonna have to make one for me.

This might get you started on the caliber conversion... unfortunately can't help on the silencer.

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/SearchByKeyword?word=rhineland#?sortValue=0

Wolverine has got some .45 ACP Enfield and Mausers and boy are they fun!!!!

Rhineland Arms is the original inventor of the snap in adapter for the Enfield rifles. We are finally bringing the production of these kits back in house after nearly 14 years. Our kits are very simple to install with the most work required is to modify the extractor. The adapters feature a snap in design with an adjustable height catch and our standard fully chambered barrel and lock nut design. We have sold thousands of these over the years based on this design and Sarco currently has many thousands more of receivers for a very low cost. These are available as both complete kits and parts for your custom needs. As always:

You can E-mail us at: sales@wolverinesupplies.com

You can Call us at: 204-748-2454