• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What it's come to... for now

Cunuckgaucho

IMG_2807-2-scaled.jpg

What your looking at is Canadian firearms industry reacting to the recent prohibition of our ARs(15 & 10). Basically it allows someone such as myself with a number of ARs and AR parts to strip everything down and reuse the parts( barrels,LPKs,furniture,sights,scopes,magazines) and continue to shoot. 

It's a straight pull back then release and the spring sends it home, pretty much an AR without a gas system. While it sucks, I can continue to shoot and also not lose the money I have tied up in parts. When we get things changed back I still have all my parts plus getting new shooters into the game will be easier cause once we get this poop sorted they'll only need a stripped upper/lower AR and they can get in the game cheap.

Interesting side note, the new rifles will be classed non-restricted so unregistered,no possession/transport paperwork as long as it's 26 in overall( muzzle device counts towards this) 

The first will be the AR15 equivalent so any calibers one can shoot in the small frame will apply here. The 308AR version is in the works 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rsquared said:

So, do you have to pull the gas block/system?

And that you get to keep all the parts that you may have to pull to make it compliant right?

There will have to be a new "gas block cover" to seal the gas port in the barrel...  I'm just thinkin' here... 

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

My Brother...  You've come out of this scrape way better than New Zealand did, and the total Fake Abomination that they did to them.  This might get expensive - but I'd call it "lucky."  For real.

The one thing is unlike our Kiwi brother we still have our guns, can't take them out of the house but still have them. The government has talked buyback/grandfathering. Estimate is 3-5 Billion with a less then 20% compliance. A number of recently banned guns didn't require registration. There are several court cases around the way the law was passed , the wording vs what the politicians said and the basis on which the law was passed.

Just now, Rsquared said:

So, do you have to pull the gas block/system?

And that you get to keep all the parts that you may have to pull to make it compliant right?

The stripped AR upper/lower are prohibited, these are purpose built upper/lower so you can't revert back to gas operated AR

2 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

That was my primary question......as a parts junkie that is. As a Total Parts WHORE...

I couldn't leave that one untouched - and had to fix it.  I hope you didn't mind.  What you stated was no where NEAR accurate... 

"Parts Junkie" implies an amatuer-ish level to it.  You peaked taht status probably 20 years ago, my friend.  You are at COMPLETE PARTS WHORE status.  In none other than Revenerent Tone, my comment is applied...  :hail:

2 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

The one thing is unlike our Kiwi brother we still have our guns, can't take them out of the house but still have them. The government has talked buyback/grandfathering. Estimate is 3-5 Billion with a less then 20% compliance. A number of recently banned guns didn't require registration. There are several court cases around the way the law was passed , the wording vs what the politicians said and the basis on which the law was passed.

The stripped AR upper/lower are prohibited, these are purpose built upper/lower so you can't revert back to gas operated AR

House in AZ, brother.  Right around the corner from me, right now.  I'm just sayin'... 

7 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

That was my primary question......AS a Total Parts Slut

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

I couldn't leave that one untouched - and had to fix it.  I hope you didn't mind.  What you stated was no where NEAR accurate... 

If he was a whore he'd get paid for it...

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

"Parts Junkie" implies an amatuer-ish level to it.  You peaked taht status probably 20 years ago, my friend.  You are at COMPLETE PARTS WHORE status.  In none other than Revenerent Tone, my comment is applied...  :hail:

Now, you're one to talk. Fuker

I totally understand the whole "heat" thing.

I can't fuking stand the heat. (even though he's trying to talk me into moving into Skull Valley with him as a neighbor).

Northern AZ though. So it may be promising.....................................................................

8 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I can't fuking stand the heat. (even though he's trying to talk me into moving into Skull Valley with him as a neighbor).

THINK about that.  Even utility companies have to send you mail, and they have to address that shiit to "RON, IN SKULL VALLEY, ARIZONA...  "

There just isn't anything more badass than THAT, on this whole Planet, brother.

I have ONE JUMP in my jump log, that was onto "SKULL DZ..."  Skull Drop Zone, part of the Rough Terrain Parachute Course, taught by the Smoke Jumpers in Oregon.  I've compared alot of jump logs - not many people have something THAT badass as a Drop Zone name...

Same principle - but it's for life...  "Hey man!  Where you live?..." 

I live in Skull Valley.

Mic drop.  Done.  It's over.  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

16 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

And you're another one.....Fuker!

Hey I was defending you... he called you a whore after all and I corrected him :hornet:

4 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I totally understand the whole "heat" thing.

Northern AZ though. So it may be promising.....................................................................

I might have to work my way down in stages. On the plus Idaho is a shorter drive, I really like elk and if I bring Mike I'll always have an invite to the shoots.

Brother. Wyoming (Carbon County specifically) has been my "dream" go to spot for years. But this fuker actually has me thinking about a place called Skull Valley AZ. Only because it's in the northern part of the state. Not quite as "Oh my Fuking Gawd" hot as the area that he lives in now.

And besides.....you called me a parts slut. :laffs:

3 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

and if I bring Mike I'll always have an invite to the shoots.

Yeah, right?  Because you need Mike to have an invite?...   And without Mike, no invite?...

Are you aware of what happened last year, brother?  You're so fucked, and so family, already, that there's no way you can scream, shout, bitch, moan, or try to claw your way out of...   getting away.  You're IN THIS now...

Kinda creepy, ain't it...   :embarrassed:

Welcome aboard.   If you run, you're only gonna die tired...  :banana:

Hey let's focus on the part where I argued you were not a whore.:thumbup:

Whores trade things for money or goods.  Ron does that, some things, sometimes.  If there's a real benefit, he'll Whore out a part - because he knows that SOMETHING will come back to him, sometime.

Sluts just hand it out for free, and don't even know where the next fix is gonna come from...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

Yeah, right?  Because you need Mike to have an invite?...   And without Mike, no invite?...

Are you aware of what happened last year, brother?  You're so fucked, and so family, already, that there's no way you can scream, shout, bitch, moan, or try to claw your way out of...   getting away.  You're IN THIS now...

Kinda creepy, ain't it...   :embarrassed:

Welcome aboard.   If you run, you're only gonna die tired...  :banana:

Well kinda hoping to guilt Mike into coming 

Dude I was already planning being there in the spring on the drive back.This covid crap is kinda messing things up.

Whores trade things for money or goods.  Ron does that, some things, sometimes.  If there's a real benefit, he'll Whore out a part - because he knows that SOMETHING will come back to him, sometime.

Sluts just hand it out for free, and don't even know where the next fix is gonna come from...   :lmao:

So, Ron's a whore and I'm a slut...

What a fine pair we make @Rsquared.

But, on the other hand....

Aw, who am I kidding, we all know there's lotion in the other hand.

Well kinda hoping to guilt Mike into coming 

Dude I was already planning being there in the spring on the drive back.This covid crap is kinda messing things up.

I miss you, too, brother.  We kinda "bonded..." 

For those that don't know - this is one congenial, lovable Cunuck.  All the way.  Hell of a motherfucker...  :hail: