• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Matrix 308 AR trigger problems

Metalfabguy

Brand new matrix 308AR . Took it to the range to zero the scope. First 5 rds cycled perfect, next 5 rds cycled properly but the trigger pull felt a little heavier. Then, light primer strike. Took out bolt, lubed it up, put back together, got 4 light primer strikes in the next 10 rounds thru it before bolt locked up with one chambered. Couldnt get it to fire so I opened it up, reset trigger manually then closed it and fired it, trigger was EXTREMELY hard to pull, got pissed, packed up to deal with it later (now). I looked around and haven't seen many posts about this topic. 

If you’ve looked around you have probably seen it’s hard to diagnose on words. We need details of components, pics, your experience level, what have you tried adjusting, etc so it is like we are there looking at your gun. Can’t say my car won’t start what’s wrong and expect any real help. Go to intro section as well and tell us who you are.

All components are stock. As I said it is brand new off the shelf from matrix aerospace. I was running pmc 7.62x51 fmj 149 grain ammo. I have been shooting for about 15 years or so, I have plenty of experience with the ar platform in general, I have just never experienced this kind of issue with a brand new gun, the last one I built (50 beowulf) runs perfect and i used numerous different manufacturers' parts to build it, so it just seemed odd that brand new off the shelf was performing the way it did. I was shooting at a bench with a bipod so the gun was not resting on the mag or anything like that, I know it takes some time to break in a new gun for it to cycle smoother, which is why I immediately lubed it when I had the first issue, I was not specifically asking someone to tell me exactly what was wrong with it but more like seeing if anyone else has had this issue with this rifle and if so, what 3nded up being the problem..