• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PSA barrel in an Aero M5 upper?

SteveinUT

Hey all- I know there have been issues with incompatibility with PSA with regular DPMS pattern stuff, but I can across a deal on a PSA 6.5 Creed barrel that I'm considering for a build I'm doing. Any problems with a PSA barrel not working well with an M5 upper? 

Thanks!

Edited by SteveinUT

I had to physically fit one in an Aero M5 upper receiver, just to test the function of the complete PSA upper that I was looking at - I had to do this, because the PSA upper would not close and pin to the Aero M5 lower I was using for the test of that complete PSA upper. 

It fit in the M5 fine, the PSA BCG ran fine in there.  I ran it with no handguard at all, because I was looking at gas port sizing problems, and resizing as I went, until it ran correctly.

Edited by 98Z5V

24 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I had to physically fit one in an Aero M5 upper receiver, just to test the function of the complete PSA upper that I was looking at - I had to do this, because the PSA upper would not close and pin to the Aero M5 lower I was using for the test of that complete PSA upper. 

It fit in the M5 fine, the PSA BCG ran fine in there.  I ran it with no handguard at all, because I was looking at gas port sizing problems, and resizing as I went, until it ran correctly.

@SteveinUT, this is your answer.  He has done what you are asking about.