• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

20” 308 Winchester not cycling

Johnny1982

9 hours ago, Johnny1982 said:

buffer weight 21oz total 

17 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

It came from Brownells it’s not named on the Brownells sight

Brownells sold you a 21oz buffer?  And there's not a link to the product?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Brownells sold you a 21oz buffer?  And there's not a link to the product?

Brother this buffer came from Brownells idk if I was supposed to get all the weight inside of it but it did come from Brownells it is listed on there sight but in the Q&A Section they say it only weighs 5.3 oz the one I am sending pictures of is exactly how I got it oh about 18 months ago today is the first time I took it apart actually I didn’t even know you could take them apart this is all news to me good news but new nonetheless 

You have a 5.9oz buffer - but when you add that ONE weight, it over-limits your scale.  How is that 21oz?

Go back through your Brownells history, find the buffer you bought, and provide a link to what you purchased.  You can do that, with Brownells.

Edited by 98Z5V

13 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You have a 5.9oz buffer - but when you add that ONE weight, it over-limits your scale.  How is that 21oz?

Go back through your Brownells history, find the buffer you bought, and provide a link to what you purchased.  You can do that, with Brownells.

Because the buffer came with 6 of those 2.5oz weights in side it. I did not know you could remove the weights 

image.jpg

Read this thread:

Steel buffer weights come in at 0.65oz per weight.  Tungsten buffer weights come in at somewhere between 1.4oz~1.5oz per weight. There isn't a metal alive that will give you 2.5oz per weight.

What are you showing me with your new scale here, man?...  Instead of a weirdass picture with a number on your scale - DESCRIBE what you put on the scale, and DESCRIBE the exact weight that your scale read.  I'm not blowing up your pictures anymore, trying to find out what you're talking about. 

Read this thread, so you can be accustomed to questions around here.

Edited by 98Z5V

24 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I've reported on steel and tungsten buffer weights before, for the weight, length and diameter, of each weight. Your numbers don't match this, not anywhere close.

Man that scale could have REALLY hurt me this was a real eye opener. I’ll NEVER trust a digital scale ever again. Wow 

2 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

Man that scale could have REALLY hurt me this was a real eye opener. I’ll NEVER trust a digital scale ever again. Wow 

Just confirm that you're reading those two threads that I linked.  If you don't read them, then we're all wasting our time here.

You're all deep into reporting buffer specs, and your numbers don't make any sense at all - that I've been deep into before.  I've given you the information.  You need to figure out where the disconnect happened here.  Not our Monkeys, Not our Circus.  The numbers are there, and you can't change them by hardly anything. 

What you came up with is completely off the wall.  Your numbers are way off, and nobody here can figure that out - but you.

Edited by 98Z5V

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Just confirm that you're reading those two threads that I linked.  If you don't read them, then we're all wasting our time here.

Never run anything less then 5.4oz buffer weight in a AR10. You can run heavier if your running it suppressed with a adjustable gas block to reduce parts where. 

57 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Read this thread:

Steel buffer weights come in at 0.65oz per weight.  Tungsten buffer weights come in at somewhere between 1.4oz~1.5oz per weight. There isn't a metal alive that will give you 2.5oz per weight.

What are you showing me with your new scale here, man?...  Instead of a weirdass picture with a number on your scale - DESCRIBE what you put on the scale, and DESCRIBE the exact weight that your scale read.  I'm not blowing up your pictures anymore, trying to find out what you're talking about. 

Read this thread, so you can be accustomed to questions around here.

I’ll post every one of these pictures tomorrow morning. The old lady shut the light off on me. But I get where your coming from now 

20 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

Never run anything less then 5.4oz buffer weight in a AR10. You can run heavier if your running it suppressed with a adjustable gas block to reduce parts where. 

You responded - and I only asked that you confirm that you read those two threads- and you didn't confirm it.  Pretty simple request, on my part.  It's the foundation that you need, to understand what you're doing in this gun.  But, whatever...

I'm wasting my time here.  Good luck, man.  I wish you well.  :thumbup:

28 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

Man I can’t wait till this thread gets moved 

It was already moved.  OUT of the place that you never should have started it in. That's settled, now.  rest easy.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Just now, 98Z5V said:

You're gonna be fun.  My prediction...  :thumbup::banana:

Look guy seriously, I’m new to this type of format I’m also new to the AR10 platform. I’m looking for help to get my rifle to run what I’m not looking for is some person being a dip. I mean who are ????? Your acting like your Eugene Stoner himself. Bro let me break it down to you, Your Not and your not the only person who has the information I need. So do me and yourself a favor move along obviously you don’t want to help. And to be honest I don’t want or need your help. And btw I did read both threads, the comment I made was quoting what you wrote. Most people aren't in to being talked to like a kid just in case you haven’t realized that. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

Look guy seriously, I’m new to this type of format I’m also new to the AR10 platform. I’m looking for help to get my rifle to run what I’m not looking for is some person being a dip. I mean who are ????? Your acting like your Eugene Stoner himself. Bro let me break it down to you, Your Not and your not the only person who has the information I need. So do me and yourself a favor move along obviously you don’t want to help. And to be honest I don’t want or need your help. And btw I did read both threads, the comment I made was quoting what you wrote. Most people aren't in to being talked to like a kid just in case you haven’t realized that. 

you sound like a "dip"! If you, like at least 1000 people here have taken his advice first, and actually put it in action instead of rebuttal.. you would have a working rifle. lay off the pills and relax BRO. (Ar 10 is Armalite) 🍻