• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

20” 308 Winchester not cycling

Johnny1982

Hello everyone I need help I have been building my Aero for about 18 months I finally was able to get the last few parts. Well to my horror I go to my local club to run it and it will not cycle at all whatsoever will not lock open on last round fired. The gas block is on correctly I know it because the carbon ring was perfect around the gas port. So I know it’s not that. So here is my build list Aero M5E1 builders kit bought from Aero,Krieger 20” rifle gas system  .936 gas journal  m110 profile barrel with JP bolt matched to the barrel at Krieger, superlative arms adjustable gas block, the buffer is a Brownells AR10 rifle buffer,the action spring/buffer spring is also from Brownells AR10 rifle spring, Magpul PRS Gen3 with the rifle receiver extension/buffer tube, and a Geissele 2 stage trigger flat shoe, what is the matter with this rifle it’s all quality parts all of should be working but it’s not. All I want is for my rifle to run I saved a lot of money and waited a long time to get it together. Any help from you guys that know this system would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Mods, let's move this one to a build section or something - this isn't information that everybody else needs to come into this section, and learn from.  This isn't "What you need to know" for everyone...  

2 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

Okay what do you suggest for a starting point. Also if I have a adjustable gas block where would be a good starting point for that 

Wide Open.  Always start an adjustable gas block WIDE OPEN...  

Okay well I now have something to go on tomorrow it’s off to the club to run this pig I’ll definitely post updates. Thanks SOOOO much guys I’m extremely than

6 hours ago, shooterrex said:

https://www.armalite.com/SACItem.aspx?Item=EA1090

https://www.armalite.com/SACItem.aspx?Item=AR10REKIT02

Call them they don't list the spring on the web separate. The right spring and proper weight buffer is the first step on solving your problems.

That’s exactly what my buffer looks like that I have now. And same with the buffer tube as for the spring I ended up buying a new one and it looks the exact same. 

18 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Hey Mods, let's move this one to a build section or something - this isn't information that everybody else needs to come into this section, and learn from.  This isn't "What you need to know" for everyone...  

I’m new to taking with people in this kinda format how would I move this chat thread to build section 

6 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

Really the lightest I can get it is 8.447 that’s 1 Weight inside the buffer body 

You need a new buffer.  Spill the manufacturer details on the buffer that you're running right now.

11 minutes ago, Johnny1982 said:

Okay fair enough so will I receive a email letting me know we’re it was moved to?

No, there will be a redirect.  f that doesn't happen, then I'll just quote you in the new location, and you'll receive a notification of that.

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You need a new buffer.  Spill the manufacturer details on the buffer that you're running right now.

It came from Brownells it’s not named on the Brownells sight 

23 minutes ago, DNP said:

You set on ounces?  This is going to require a picture or two. 

How do you post a picture