• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

For a few of my friends...

98Z5V

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Yeah I miss the military every single day but there are give and takes, especially with the way the world is today

Same here - I miss the camaraderie, foremost.  That close bond.  Next on the list is jumping out of aircraft, doesn't matter what kind of aircraft.  I miss jumping, training JumpMasters, running drop zones and teaching others to run drop zones, controlling aircraft...  all of it.  Besides missing the friends, I really miss the fuk out of all-things jumping.

You cocksuckers make up for the camaraderie side of the house, quite well.  :thefinger:

"Yeah I miss the military every single day but there are give and takes, especially with the way the world is today"

+2

Retired back in 2003, had a good run at it and got to do some cool chit, but I was ready for a change after 20 years.   I took my training and experience and moved forward never looking back.  Took a course in forensics and started doing CSI work here back in 2005.  Absolutely LOVE it.  I never get any complaints either, one of the advantages of working with folks who were recently deceased vs the ones that made it!....LOL....