• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

6.5 creedmoor barrel

Redwing1105

I’m looking at getting a 6.5 creedmoor barrel for a build. I know the “ get what you pay for” line, but I was wondering about BCA barrels. I’ve heard plenty of good things about their products but there’s always someone that is adamant about how much they suck. So if I was curious if anyone had firsthand knowledge and experience with their products and would care to elaborate on your experiences. 

58 minutes ago, Redwing1105 said:

I’m looking at getting a 6.5 creedmoor barrel for a build. I know the “ get what you pay for” line, but I was wondering about BCA barrels. I’ve heard plenty of good things about their products but there’s always someone that is adamant about how much they suck. So if I was curious if anyone had firsthand knowledge and experience with their products and would care to elaborate on your experiences. 

I have 2 different BCA products.  One is an 18 inch complete 450 Bushmaster upper that shoots well.  I don't have enough ammo to really test it though.  The other is a 16 inch 223 Wylde barrel that I built into a lightweight AR for my wife.  She was able to hit an 18x36 target at 600yds with 73g match ammo regularly.

Yes, some of their barrels have issues with accuracy, but I would have no problem buying another.  They have an MOA guarantee and have had (pre-pandemic) great customer service.  

1 hour ago, Redwing1105 said:

firsthand knowledge and experience with their products

Got one of their 300BO pistol barrels, the threads were way off concentric so it wouldn't come close to passing the suppressor gauge. Don't remember if it was email or a contact form but I let them know, they asked for the barrel, sent me a new one and it worked fine. I don't think it took very long either.  Now that pistol never saw any longer range shooting while I had it, just 15-25 yard steel so can't attest to accuracy but it for sure worked.

I had a very specific barrel that I was looking for, and it was ONLY BCA that offered it - 16" carbine gas 6.5 Grendel barrel.  And it's a shooter, for sure.  Happy with it.

I talked with the owner of BCA a few years ago at SHOT Show, and asked him how he does it - they have a Lifetime Guarantee on their barrels.  He used to own an auto parts reproduction plant.  He owns all his buildings and manufacturing equipment.  Owes nobody, nothing is leased, rented, etc.  When the Chinese started making auto parts - he decided to turn towards firearms, and bought the few other peices of equipment he'd need...   and OFF TO THE RACES.

That's how they have low prices on good stuff, and offer a lifetime on it all - if one gets through that didn't meet spec, they have no problem replacing it.  No questions asked. 

Edited by 98Z5V

My 20" BCA Grendel shoots well. The heavy barrel 6.5 creedmoor not so well. I replaced it w/a wilson combat barrel and it shoots great. When I replaced the barrel I saw that the gas block was touching the rail so that could have been the problem. I have helped several friends build 223's w/BCA uppers and they are happy with their rifles.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, Redwing1105 said:

Wilson Combat currently has the Paul Howe 16", 18" Tactical Hunter, and 20" Super Sniper in stock, you won't be unhappy with one of their barrels, very reasonable for the quality that they produce. The Paul Howe may be next on my list in 6.5 Creed???

12 hours ago, billymagg said:

Wilson Combat currently has the Paul Howe 16", 18" Tactical Hunter, and 20" Super Sniper in stock, you won't be unhappy with one of their barrels, very reasonable for the quality that they produce. The Paul Howe may be next on my list in 6.5 Creed???

My 16" WC Paul Howe just plain shoots.

On 3/6/2021 at 4:04 AM, shooterrex said:

My 16" WC Paul Howe just plain shoots.

I'm not surprised, I'm very happy with both of my barrels, I was shooting the Winchester M80 ball today at 160 yards, out of 6 rounds, I had two in the same hole, and two at about an inch from each other in the first group, now the other two?? I really wish I had bought the 16" in the 300 Ham'r.

Edited by billymagg