• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Converting from adjustable stock to fixed stock.

Thorud74

Hello, I'm new here and looking for some wisdom and help. I have a db10 with a 16" barrel and mid length gas system with a carbine buffer system. I'd like to ditch the adjustable stock for a fixed rifle stock. I've done some research and am having trouble finding clear answers/solutions on the subject. I can tear my ar down for cleaning but I don't have any experience with builds and lack the knowledge that comes with it. appreciate any input in advance.

Edited by Thorud74

I converted or used A2 stocks on all of my 308-AR's.  That was quite a few years ago but I used the stock buffer tubes and outfitted them with DPMS springs and buffers.  Right, wrong or otherwise all those rifles are flawless for function.

I found these part numbers on one of the orders but not sure if these parts are still available?

DPMS LR-308 Buffer Rifle   308-BS-11          1  22.00
DPMS LR-308 Buffer Spring  308-BS-10B         1   8.00

This was done WAY before I found this site so not sure if these parts will work for what you are doing, but they work fine in all three of my rifles and each one is from a different manufacturer........

Just picked up a used DPMS 308 with a fixed stock I think is a A2 style.  I stopped at a shop close to my house and picked out a fancy adjustable buttstock.  They had to order the correct buffer assembly for it. It also had an EOTech 553 sight.  I did not know ANYTHING about the EOTech.  Found out it is out of production. Hope I didn't get took on this deal.  If THORUD  74 is close to Abilene Texas I may be able to help with the buttstock swap.

3 hours ago, Steve crawford said:

Just picked up a used DPMS 308 with a fixed stock I think is a A2 style.  I stopped at a shop close to my house and picked out a fancy adjustable buttstock.  They had to order the correct buffer assembly for it. It also had an EOTech 553 sight.  I did not know ANYTHING about the EOTech.  Found out it is out of production. Hope I didn't get took on this deal.  If THORUD  74 is close to Abilene Texas I may be able to help with the buttstock swap.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan.  I am south of Dallas but get out your way occasionally.  My dad grew up about an hour north of Abeline. 

Start a thread and introduce yourself here.  https://forum.308ar.com/forum/22-introductions/

Let us know about you and post a picture or two of your rifle. 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:04 AM, Thorud74 said:

Hello, I'm new here and looking for some wisdom and help. I have a db10 with a 16" barrel and mid length gas system with a carbine buffer system. I'd like to ditch the adjustable stock for a fixed rifle stock. I've done some research and am having trouble finding clear answers/solutions on the subject. I can tear my ar down for cleaning but I don't have any experience with builds and lack the knowledge that comes with it. appreciate any input in advance.

3 hours ago, Steve crawford said:

Both you guys need to read this, before you continue down this rabbit-hole of information that you'll find elsewhere on the internet.  If this thread doesn't explain it (link below) - then ask your questions HERE IN THIS THREAD.  NOT in the linked tread below...  ASK HERE, about the information presented below...

I hope I made that clear.

If either of you guys are confused about the amount of information that we need out of you, in order to diagnose a gun-problem that you're having, with the functionality of your own rifle - OVER THE INTERNET...  then you need to read this thread, right here, in order to understand the amount of information that WE need...  in order to diagnose the functional rifle problem that YOU are having...  over the internet... 

It's all in the SPECS.  Of your own gun.  We need details, of your own gun, in order to even help you in the least.   Whatever store you bought your parts from, and what they stated those were - are virtually useless - unless you've measure and weighed those parts in your own, and verified the specs, weights, lengths, coil counts on springs and wire diameters...   Doesn't matter what vendor told you what - because so many vendors out there don't even know what the fuk they're talking about in the first place, when it comes to the large-frame platform.

Measure, weigh, and spec out your gun parts, in accordance with this guidance below - or we're flying blind here.  Details Matter...

20 hours ago, Steve crawford said:

It also had an EOTech 553 sight.  I did not know ANYTHING about the EOTech.  Found out it is out of production. Hope I didn't get took on this deal.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the 553's. I've got a few of them and have never had any issues.