• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DID SOCOM HIRE A WOKE COMMISSAR?

98Z5V

Just now, 98Z5V said:

Which is saying - you don't know shiit about it.  You know nothing about SOF, besides what you SAW.  Zero experience, though, inside any one of those units.  Zero. 

So sit down, take a breath - and look at the article again - from an OUTSIDER'S perspective of the article's author - because that's exactly what you are.  You are an outsider in ANY kind of SOF discussion.  Period. 

Hey I get it - you're a badass.  If you really - REALLY - have something to say about this topic, then go to the source, and say it.  Go sign up on SOFREP, get into this article, and make your comments over there to John Black.  Let him know how you feel about the information of his that I presented.  Go get 'em.  Get info SOFREP and really tell them how you feel about this topic...

Here's the direct link to it:

https://sofrep.com/news/socom-gives-way-to-political-pressures-again/?utm_source=SOFREP - Highly Engaged&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Did SOCOM Hire a Woke Commissar%3F (TMR3Eg)&_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIkhWUzNDYSIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJyZ3JoYXJ0bGV5QGhvdG1haWwuY29tIn0%3D

:thumbup:

I trust data more than people up in their feelings.

6 minutes ago, Comrade_Cthulhu said:

They said the same shiit in 1998, when we were kicking people out over "tattoo inspections" - for tattoos that they thought were "white supremacy" tattoos.  Only, back then, the term was "skindheads" and "Nazi" tattoos.

There were actually "tattoo inspections" where Soldiers had to go in, strip down, and "be inspected." 

This isn't a new game, youngin'.  It's politics. 

You just didn't see it last time around.  How old were you in 1998?

Edited by 98Z5V

Just now, 98Z5V said:

They said the same shiit in 1998, when we were kicking people out over "tattoo inspections" - for tattoos that they thought were "white supremacy" tattoos.  Only, back then, the term was "skindheads" and "Nazi" tattoos.

There were actually "tattoo inspections" where Soldiers had to go in, strip down, and "be inspected." 

This isn't a new game, youngin'.  It's politics. 

Like I said, I'll trust data over personal anecdotes so old that people who were born when you retired are enlisted now.

I'll trust over half of minority service members over the words of some ancient fornicate with a chip on his shoulder about how great the military is. 

I'm done.  You're a fucking idiot.  You've proven it, over and over again.  Some young shiithead with a chip on his shoulder about being an RTO, but he thinks he knows everything about SOF.

Have a good one.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

29 minutes ago, Comrade_Cthulhu said:

I've literally been the only person involved in this discussion to rely on anything but experience that is so far out of date, people who were born when you retired can enlist now.

There's that MATH thing that you youngin's suck at.  And just shows that you're talking shiit without looking at information. 

Let that Bulldog Mouth run that Canary Ass...   :lmao:

Infants that were born when I retired won't be eligible to enlist until 2025. 

But, you know better.  Just had to address that ONE LAST BULLSHIIT STATEMENT from you.

Have fun in life - I hope you learn alot.  Because you got ALOT to learn...   :laffs:

EXPERIENCE is what makes us older fuckers WAY BETTER than you young fuckers.  You don't want to make that "mistake in life" too many times... 

I color-coded that, so you could keep up.  Just match the colors, for the responses.

Have a good one, know-it-all.  :thumbup:

Just now, 98Z5V said:

There's that MATH thing that you youngin's suck at.  And just shows that you're talking shiit without looking at information. 

Let that Bulldog Mouth run that Canary Ass...   :lmao:

Infants that were born when I retired won't be eligible to enlist until 2025. 

But, you know better.  Just had to address that ONE LAST BULLSHIIT STATEMENT from you.

Have fun in life - I hope you learn alot.  Because you got ALOT to learn...   :laffs:

EXPERIENCE is what makes us older fuckers WAY BETTER than you young fuckers.  You don't want to make that "mistake in life" too many times... 

I color-coded that, so you could keep up.  Just match the colors, for the responses.

Have a good one, know-it-all.  :thumbup:

Facts don't care about your feelings, and neither does the data. 

• 4 months later...

Lol at the FBI being a credible source. They also claimed white supremacy was the biggest threat to the US of A when radical leftists were burning down city blocks and taking over police stations. Yet how many white supremacist riots did we hear about? None or very few in comparison , because they made most of it up. The FBI is about as credible as the MSM as far as I am concerned.

Now I don't know poop about the military but I am going to take a guess that this guy's whole story is fantasy virtue signaling.

1 hour ago, JF89 said:

Lol at the FBI being a credible source. They also claimed white supremacy was the biggest threat to the US of A when radical leftists were burning down city blocks and taking over police stations. Yet how many white supremacist riots did we hear about? None or very few in comparison , because they made most of it up. The FBI is about as credible as the MSM as far as I am concerned.

Now I don't know poop about the military but I am going to take a guess that this guy's whole story is fantasy virtue signaling.

You stirrin up trouble?  Don't make me come find you.

2 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

You stirrin up trouble?  Don't make me come find you.

Lol You would think it was ww2 with all the mention of supposed nazis. Maybe the wrong place for political discussion but I tire of the false narrative. 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:15 PM, Comrade_Cthulhu said:

All I know of SOF are the racist POS's that I had to deal with at my Barracks who would come get piss drunk with a white supremacist in my unit, and what the FBI has to say about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Like I said, I'll trust the FBI and the patterns of behavior I've seen over some dick face on the internet who hasn't been in since the m16a3 was standard issue.

Comrade... you realize that your statement above is probably the most prejudiced think I've hear said this week - right?   You may or may not have had a bad experience with someone who was SOF - and as a result you are choosing to take the position that all SOF are "racist POS's"...    That is... on its face... a near perfect example of the sort of prejudice that we are all opposed to.   I won't call it "racist" because you are not pointing it at a particular ethnicity - but I will call it outright prejudice... Think about it... 

Do racists exist?  Yep.  Is the military replete with "racist" units?   I highly doubt it.  In my short 6 years in the Marine Corp reserves (with about 2 years of active duty including Desert Storm) - I never saw it condoned, tolerated, or ignored.  I'm sure that I was not the only one to hear the saying "there is no black, no white, no brown - only varying shades of green and we all bleed red."  We lived that.  I can think of one instance in which a white marine said something overtly racist and he got slapped down incredibly quickly and with much force.  The fix happened within the small unit - we dealt with it and moved past it. No one lost their job.  No one died.   The dude said something evil in anger and learned very quickly that it would not be tolerated.  He and the guy he was talking to actually worked it out and became friends over time. 

My strong bet would be that any unit that openly tolerated racism was one that was due for, and would quickly get, a change of command. The idea that having a member who has a tattoo that may or may not be associated with white supremacism makes an entire unit "racist" is just stupid.   People do dumb things - especially when they are young and stupid.   How they act / behave today is what matters.   

The sad thing is that by putting idiots like this guy (Mr. Richard Torres-Estrada) in place they are creating division - not healing it.  I truly believe that the creation of a position like the one that he fills is an action designed to destroy the efficacy of our military.  He will create hatred, resentment, and division... 

10 hours ago, BigNate said:

The sad thing is that by putting idiots like this guy (Mr. Richard Torres-Estrada) in place they are creating division - not healing it.  I truly believe that the creation of a position like the one that he fills is an action designed to destroy the efficacy of our military.  He will create hatred, resentment, and division... 

My sentiments exactly.  SOCOM does not need to invite this into the organization.  Having 10 years in the organization, no matter when my service period ran through, gives me a "clue" about the mentality of the people inside said organization. 

• 8 months later...