• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Commando build carry handle and front sight

Albroswift

6 minutes ago, Albroswift said:

Had to go back out and check, still have have one from the last group order from WOA, 11-1/8" on the nose. The one I made was closer to 11-3/16". May be one of the reasons the barrels were $49.95. Anyway, After the re-drill to AR-15 spec above, 10-1/16"

DOes that include adding 0.600" to the cam-pin center-to-gas port center?  What number are you posting?  Just center to center?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

DOes that include adding 0.600" to the cam-pin center-to-gas port center?  What number are you posting?  Just center to center?

Yep, center of cam to port (EDIT + .600). Double checked that after trying a 9-3/4" carbine tube that was 5/16" too short. That's what got me spinning in the first place. (that and Armalite saying their 6" hand guard was for AR15/ AR10)

Looked at some posts from 2-3 years ago Willbird 11-1/8" See your post 11" on the button, Jtallen83 10-7/8" , my 11-3/16"... Last WOA order 11-1/8"...

Edited by Albroswift
Drunk

On 10/11/2021 at 8:35 PM, Albroswift said:

Let me know, all yours.

Thank you Brother, it's in the build box :thumbup:

Some day I'll find something you need, that you haven't already made yourself! I've been searching intermittently for a couple glass tubing cutters, early 1900's era, I know I have somewhere since you mentioned cutting tubes ....... I'll run into them someday after you no longer have a need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...