• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Scope Repair

I searched the site, and I'm sure it's on here but I can't find it. 

Does anybody know a good place to send my Simmons Atec 3x9 to get it fixed?

I was adjusting the focus on the "eyeball" end and something in it hung up and won't move although the adjusting ring turns.

I hope everyone has a great Independence Day holiday. 

Unforgiven,  you're very likely right. Plus it's not an expensive scope. But it has sentimental value and except for the focus problem its been an excellent scope for the last 11 years.

Thank you Shooterrex, I didn't see that when I searched.

I appreciate ya'll taking time to respond  and I hope you fellas have a great 4th of July.

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

We hope everyone eats to much and laughs to much. 🍺🍺🇺🇸  Land of the free because of the brave 

A great way to say it brother. The American way to celebrate the 'birth of a Nation'. It may sound of being fat and over glutenous. But it actually means the feeling of experiencing the freedom and true abundance that this great nation has to offer...to everybody. All people....PERIOD. My old man has traced my family back into the late 1600's of this wonderful experiment known as America. So I can honestly say that American traits run DEEP in my family. (almost as much as Magwa's....Ha)

A glass held high to ALL my brothers. And to ALL my brothers who have fallen before me, to provide this great nation to me, and my family. We WON'T let it be taken from us. Not now.....not ever.

Sorry............I kinda went off on a tangent.

Unforgiven,  you're very likely right. Plus it's not an expensive scope. But it has sentimental value and except for the focus problem its been an excellent scope for the last 11 years.

Thank you Shooterrex, I didn't see that when I searched.

I appreciate ya'll taking time to respond  and I hope you fellas have a great 4th of July.

Unforgiven and Rsquared, I'm just gonna get over it and buy a new scope. I'll make a nice wood display for it and hang it in my shop. Me n she go way back as far as memories go. 

Talking a off topic !! Everyone likes a good story.

Working my way through VERY heavy brush loaded with mature briars, tracking a hog, I was in a spot virtually trapped, i was having to move limbs and Briars by hand, made a baby step and the ground exploded around me. I'd worked my way INTO a bed of hogs. Every hole I had puckered as I could've literally been eaten alive!! God was riding shotgun tho and they charged off. Don't know if ya know about hogs, when you jump em, if they gonna run they go in direction they are pointing when they stand up. I felt the brush I was basically hung in shake but not one touched me. Usually when they run by you they rake your leg with their tusks and they are razor sharp. Their tusks are set so every time their jaw closes the tusks "whet" against other teeth. Not only did I not get a shot, I couldn't even get my gun up it was so thick.

I'm gonna brag now. I've killed 3 deer in their bed, I'm pretty stealthy! First one (doe) was with a 2.5 x 7 Redfield Widefield I used from 77 to 2010. Next was a doe with the 3 x 9 Atec, and the last was a nice 8 pt.. I was probably 15 ft. from him when we saw each other on my left out of the corner of my eye, I was actually a hair past him. I slowly brought my .50 muzzleloader up as I kept advancing and pulled the trigger as soon as the Atec's crosshairs were on his chest. His head dropped and he kicked a few times and it was lights out.

A pickup bed may could hold all the deer I've taken with that cheap old Atec, we've had a lot of great hunts together. 

But

Opticsplanet went and sent me an email about an awesome N/V scope. Now I've got the new scope bug lol. 

(Has lots of good reviews but china can stick all their scopes up their ass) .

I'm 66, (retired riverboat Chief Engineer) and on a fixed income so I'm gonna start putting into a scope fund. Hopefully by November I'll be able to drop 6 to 900 on a pretty good night vision scope. Then I'm going to do the same thing for a decent handheld thermal imaging monocular if I can find one.

DITTO to every word Rsquared said !!!!

Hope I didn't bore yall!

Have A Wonderful 4th guys

GOD BLESS AMERICA 🇺🇸

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:18 AM, Riverrat said:

I searched the site, and I'm sure it's on here but I can't find it. 

Does anybody know a good place to send my Simmons Atec 3x9 to get it fixed?

I was adjusting the focus on the "eyeball" end and something in it hung up and won't move although the adjusting ring turns.

I hope everyone has a great Independence Day holiday. 

Honestly for the price, throw it away.  It would cost more to ship than its worth alone.  Just a thought here, but if you can for $349 you can get a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x40 and they have a lifetime warranty. 

I bought a Vortex Viper PST Gll 5-25x50 off ebay, its was a new open box item. They list for $1299, and I got it for $650 on auction, so technically it was pre-owned but just never mounted.  Anyway, when I got it, I took it out of the box and it slipped out of my hand and hit the concrete floor, and damaged two turrets having fallen 3 feet to the ground.  

I called Vortex for a price to repair it and they advised ZERO, and I told them I had been the one to do the damage, and technically was the second owner,  and they said it doesn't matter how the damage occurred or even if its used,  its free of charge for life.  So I shipped it to them and in 2 days they overnighted it back to me fully tested and repaired.  My advice is spend a little now, and never worry again.  All their stuff from low cost to top of the line carries the same warranty. Look on ebay for and bid on a used one and could probably find one of that magnification for $200

Edited by E5232