• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another one for 98Z

Belt Fed

4 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Hope i didn't screw up a tendon or something, either with the hammer or drill. i cant bend my thumb any. course it is swollen. also hope i didn't break anything with the hammer, it's pretty black and blue around the nail.

There's nothing but meat in that last digit, and you caught it right in the middle, so there's no tendon to hit. I'll bet it's fat as hell right now though, from all the meat-trauma in there.   :laffs:

You could have cracked that phalange, but I doubt it. It's a small, short little one, so it's possible, but the "OH SHIIT!!!" factor kicks in on most people before they can keep applying enough pressure to snap that little fucker.  :thumbup:

You just have some very mad, churned up meat in there right now, fat as fuk.  It'll go down.  Drip some tincture of iodine right into that little hamburger-hole while it's still fresh and raw.  You'll be okay. 

Torx bits don't fuk around...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 2 weeks later...

a torx bit is a bit like a roto rooter job kinda mixes up everything in it's path when it is not doing it's intended job well done but i would think twice before using a table saw,saber saw, router, etc they will Fuk you up, maybe wood working is not your thing for self preservation..... LOL

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 4:31 PM, 98Z5V said:

P.S.  You did it right, with the shop towel and electrical tape.  :hail:   That's the preferred method, right there, for a mechanic.  Kudos...  

A folded paper towel (those brown ones they put in the dispensers) and painters tape works too! I sliced the side of my finger open at the hospital (I was installing some picture frames in the hallway) and went looking for my wife after I bandaged it with said paper towels and tape. When she looked at it she said "alright, lets go to the ER!" and I said "Fukk that! Last time I went in there (3 stitches in my thumb) it cost me $100 copay! Just superglue it or I'll put the paper towel back on!" She superglued it (Dermabond) and wrapped it and put one of those aluminum splints on it and I went back to work. $0 cost. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard!:laffs:

Edited by 392heminut