• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another one for 98Z

Belt Fed

Was doing some remodeling and putting new piers under the shop floor. they were sagging a bit. while scewing a board in i jammed a torx bit almost through  my thumb. bled like a stuck hog. bled all over the dog before i moved. lol she just layed there. anyway put a cloth rag and electrical tape on it and worked another 4 hours.

20210705_124928.thumb.jpg.c52dd3cd5c51958f3b6a6c7289a7faa0.jpg20210705_125356.thumb.jpg.bb4862ef5f3a9d4f741e6627a864b308.jpg20210705_124917.thumb.jpg.82eae6546a4d69689d7795225848cfd6.jpg20210705_124907.thumb.jpg.ed30bb68166975e9dab9afbee6d49d89.jpg

That is EPIC, Belt!!!   :thumbup::banana:

See, not everything fingers-n-toes grosses me out.  Smashed knuckles - I do that once a week.  Punctures don't freak me out - they're just little holes that something went into, and a little bit of QuikClot will stop that right away - unless there's still a projectile in there, somewhere...  Severed fingers-n-toes?  Degloved?  Bent the wrong way or bone and tendon sticking out?   Severe cuts, where I can look into them and see either muscle or tendon?   And there's that initial pause, where you see white bone, or red muscle, or a white severed tendon sticking up like a piece of spaghetti...   before ANY blood comes out?...  

I'm barfing, first, addressing it later...  

Same injury on an arm or leg, and not finger-n-toe?   Whatever.  Stuff in the stuff that supposed to be in there, wrap you tight to control the bleeding (pressure dressing), or just tourniquet the limb...   But not on a finger-n-toe like that...   Gross... 

You gotta do better than that, brother.  I was ready to turn off the monitor  - but that wasn't bad...   :thefinger:

P.S.  You did it right, with the shop towel and electrical tape.  :hail:   That's the preferred method, right there, for a mechanic.  Kudos...  

Edited by 98Z5V

2 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

Guess i should have took another pic of the piece of meat hangin out of the hole.

Oh, I saw it - looks like a little piece of raw hamburger on your thumb.  You churned it up WELL - that thing is gonna be sore...  :thumbup:

Torx bits don't fuk around... It's a little tiny flesh-blender on the end of a hi-speed drill...    :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm glad that you thought about me

Yep, you were the first one i thought about when i seen it pumping out. i thought i got to get this on video and pictures, after i took the pics i had done bled all over everything. even more so than in the pics. figured the video might be takin a chance.lol

Just now, Belt Fed said:

Yep, you were the first one i thought about when i seen it pumping out. i thought i got to get this on video and pictures, after i took the pics i had done bled all over everything. even more so than in the pics. figured the video might be takin a chance.lol

The dog woulda been SOAKED - the dog didn't care that you were bleeding...  :lmao:

9 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

The dog woulda been SOAKED - the dog didn't care that you were bleeding...  :lmao:

I bled quite a bit on her before i moved. didn't get a pic of the blood on her.lol she didn't even move.  I thought a fine dog you are, you just gonna let me bleed out before barking or something. :laffs:

Just now, Belt Fed said:

I bled quite a bit on her before i moved. didn't get a pic of the blood on her.lol she didn't even move.  I thought a fine dog you are, you just gonna let me bleed out before barking or something. :laffs:

Sounds like what LoneWolf would do if you were gunshot...   He'd go through your pockets first, checking for new cards and cash - then control the bleeding...   :lmao:

18 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

That ain't no lie, only reason he wouldn't let me bleed out is cause he needs another card 

He'd stop the bleeding long enough for you to apply for another one - that he pulled up on his smart-phone...   :banana:

This is ALL SoFukingWrong! I'm not a monster 🖕. Glad you're not injured too bad @Belt Fed . 

@98Z5V ......🖕🖕 I would never go through his pockets (I just hack his computer to mirror via mine).

@Armed Eye Doc ,  I didn't make the initial payment on the Life insurance premium yet, so till tomorrow,  he's  worth more to me alive

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

On 7/5/2021 at 5:07 PM, Belt Fed said:

It was an accident kinda day earlier i hit my knuckle with a small sledge hammer.

20210705_091755.thumb.jpg.9f6cef2c0ae0c9cab2462e373b903786.jpg

Looks kinda like one of my 4 bandAids and a wad of paper towel, and a bungy cord tourniquet job get-it-done-now! honey doos projects. If you live as long as I have you will get used to seeing blood flow and skin torn off a lot. I was a Boy Scout back 70 years ago, passed my First Aid merit badge, and learned to yell CORPSMAN ! in the USMC.  Wish I had the services of a good Corpsman, around here, but the only one I know was a Xray picture taker guy,   He is Absolutely useless for flowing blood or torn off skin.  My wife is almost as good as I am if I can't reach the point of injury.