• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Accurized AR Match, 24Jul21

98Z5V

I'm not saying it's going to be easy. And you don't have any indication beforehand on what the swing is built like? You've not ridden it daily? That's going to be a significant learning experience from day one. But over time; you might find a rhythm of leg moves.

Edited by Lane
2/3 IPSC WTF are you talking about... I know. But That's nasty on a swing you've not fucked on before.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Lane said:

I'm not saying it's going to be easy. And you don't have any indication beforehand on what the swing is built like? You've not ridden it daily? That's going to be a significant learning experience from day one. But over time; you might find a rhythm of leg moves.

First time rodeo was yesterday...   :banana: Never seen ANYTHING like that in a shooting match before, so there was no imagination in building something like that for traning for it.  Show up, shoot it, and do your best. The only advance-notification was the email of the stage info late Friday afternoon, and looking at the stages, Stg 1 was the "wobble platform."  Same as I posted above, the stage info - is what we got.  You show up, and look at this sex-swing, and your mind is going WTF!!!   :lmao:

I immediately thought about those poor 3 SEALS that had to shoot from ship-decks to save Captain Phillips... Had to be even worse for them, in rolling seas, from the back of a ship...  :hail: 

Edited by 98Z5V

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You see my foot position on those sandbags at the back?

I saw your feet move a few times. That's why I was thinking about options here... But you'd be grinding on the skanky carpet. You might need a special "outfit" to ride the swing and zero motion for every shot. But every swing is special. You're going to have to learn how to move with it.

Building a frame of shite pine wood might be even more challenging since it could flex is unexpected ways. 

Oh, make NO MISTAKE.  Some variation of this bastard WILL BE at the Fall Shoot.  The timed 90-second course of fire is Tic-TACT-Toe at 450 yards.  Off this thing.

It's already decided.  THAT is happening. 

Jump right up on that thing ANY time during the day to try to improve your previous best-score...  :laffs:

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I immediately thought about those poor 3 SEALS that had to shoot from ship-decks to save Captain Phillips... Had to be even worse for them...  :hail: 

I was just thinking about the same thing. What if you tried to stand in a canoe and shoot at anything in a river. When the boat drives by... You're all over the place.

You need to have your whole body on a swivel like an owl head; or a chicken's. 

This is a "CRAZY" shooting problem that I've not had to deal with. But. I guess It's time to build the swing at this place. Who thought this was an awesome idea? .... I agree. It needs to be done...

Edited by Lane

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Jump right up on that thing ANY time during the day to try to improve your previous best-score...  :laffs:

Swing might need a built in shot timer..... I heard some people around here like those.

Just now, Lane said:

Swing might need a built in shot timer..... I heard some people around here like those.

I've still got this- been doing well since 2010.  I'd welcome another one, though. 

PACT Club Timer III

8 minutes ago, Lane said:

Building a frame of shite pine wood might be even more challenging since it could flex is unexpected ways. 

It would also make sounds if build shoddily enough.

The only thing missing is the smell. Do we need some freshly killed scorpions that have started to get mildew pushed under the nose of the shooter? Or some kimchi? Etc?

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

I'd welcome another one, though. 

I'm working on reviving the original V3 for you. It has a nice screen. The new ones have color, and the same physical size, but more pixels. Shot timing is a hair different though between them, and I'm still working on qualifications. The labradar helps. But there are still audio recordings that I work against.

The software is solid one all hardware with some version; but I'm trying to merge it all into a multi-hardware compatible blob. Sadly; bluetooth seems to be locked out in the short term due to flash memory limits. 

I'm ready though; it works better than all the commercial products on the market already. Just trying to get it ready for anyone and everyone that wants one.

4 minutes ago, Lane said:

I'm ready though; it works better than all the commercial products on the market already. Just trying to get it ready for anyone and everyone that wants one.

Oh, you know, if you need a guinea pig...   I'm in...   :laffs:   We can test the hell out of it out here in the desert.  :thumbup:

21 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

They put you on a sex swing?  :laffs:

Here's the BIG BONUS, BROTHER!!!  

YOU...   are gonna have to take a ride in the Sex Swing, too!!!   :banana:

Don't run, don't be scared.  Just lay back, baby, let it happen...  :lmao:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/407d32bf-9ebc-45fc-94b9-a965f3a8786e

@JBMatt, there's no way around it.  We MUST build this fucker for the Fall Shoot.  No other way, brother.   :laffs:

We may need to talk to Scuba Steve about this, and just get it done...  :bat:  I think 2x2 square would be perfect, and I've got a lot of that stuff already.  

Edited by 98Z5V

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Here's the BIG BONUS, BROTHER!!!  

YOU...   are gonna have to take a ride in the Sex Swing, too!!!   :banana:

Don't run, don't be scared.  Just lay back, baby, let it happen...  :lmao:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/407d32bf-9ebc-45fc-94b9-a965f3a8786e

I will ride it the best I can.  I just hope she is satisfied when I get off. :laffs:

Maybe I hope that I am satisfied instead. :lmao:

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

2 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I will ride it the best I can.  I just hope she is satisfied when I get off. :laffs:

That's the beauty built into THIS ONE, brother.  You don't need to worry about her...  YOU need to be satisfied when you get off this one...   :banana:

If you're not happy with how you did - get back ON there, and try it again until you ARE happy!!!   :hump::thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

10 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

@JBMatt, there's no way around it.  We MUST build this fucker for the Fall Shoot.  No other way, brother.   :laffs:

We may need to talk to Scuba Steve about this, and just get it done...  :bat:  I think 2x2 square would be perfect, and I've got a lot of that stuff already.  

I believe we can make some version of it happen.  We'll start collecting materials.

11 minutes ago, JBMatt said:

I believe we can make some version of it happen.  We'll start collecting materials.

I still vote for wooden outer frame (four posts); as it should be even less predictable. 

But I know you are all well versed already. I'm sure you can come up with even more sinister mounting. Maybe twisted chains as well?

12 minutes ago, JBMatt said:

I think the 2x2 will be perfect - and WAY lighter than that 4x4 thing we shot off of.  It'll for sure be strong enough.  I think we're covered on the 2x2 with what I've got...

IMG_0474.thumb.JPG.00dee09cbf118c3dec0c78ebc9a612e3.JPG

2 minutes ago, Lane said:

I still vote for wooden outer frame (four posts); as it should be even less predictable. 

But, we (I) have to store this once it's built, and move it to the shooting location all the time...  Wood, once it's together, will probably have to stay together, and that's a big bastard to move, store, keep. 

2x2 steel square - main bottom frame, some uprights that can be removed...  I can manage that, and store it.  And move it. And erect it quickly when we shoot.  It'll work. 

3 minutes ago, JBMatt said:

Tommy and I are already on it.  We'll make it happen.

:hail: Lemme know if you need these 2x2s...  They're either gonna go into this project for the Sex Swing, or they're gonna be "surveyed stakes" at out shooting positions for the long distance stuff - pound ''em in, survey them, leave them there...   Known Distance, after that.  Hope nobody hits them...   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V