98Z5V

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JBMatt said:

Pretty sure I'm running your recipe straight up.  CCI #41.

Yep, damn.  That's all barrel doing that, then, the difference in speeds we're seeing.  16" to 18".  The difference per inch is usually smaller than that, though,for 5.56.  How old/new is the barrel?

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Yep, damn.  That's all barrel doing that, then, the difference in speeds we're seeing.  16" to 18".  The difference per inch is usually smaller than that, though,for 5.56.  How old/new is the barrel?

Maybe 200-300 rounds.  Not very many at all.  Might need a decent cleaning, actually...

5 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Are we not good enough for a pic of the finished product?😉

Here ya go….  PSA 223 Wylde 1:7 stainless 18” heavy barrel with Mlok stuff… Magpul bipod stolen from elsewhere… Arken 6-24 FFP glass .  Aero bare lower with a basic lower kit but replaced the trigger with an SSA-E.  Better buttstock should be here before the weekend.    Hopefully I’ll get rounds through it on Saturday. 

C9DB2903-1AF2-4346-836C-8D616F617811.jpeg

That's gonna work, Nate.   :thumbup: DC Machine makes the barrels for PSA (PSA owns them), and they make good 5.56 barrels.  Can't go wrong there.

Exactly one week after this last match, we have our own Sex Swing fabbed up, and we're test-firing it this Sunday.  :banana:   We'll make sure the results get posted here.  

@Armed Eye Doc has to have the official credit for naming this thing, too...   :hail:   At the shoot, they called it the "Wobble Platform."  That is true, but just doesn't give it justice.  We'll inform THEM that it's been renamed, and all future listings of it in the shoot details have to call it The Sex Swing...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's gonna work, Nate.   :thumbup: DC Machine makes the barrels for PSA (PSA owns them), and they make good 5.56 barrels.  Can't go wrong there.

Exactly one week after this last match, we have our own Sex Swing fabbed up, and we're test-firing it this Sunday.  :banana:   We'll make sure the results get posted here.  

If you need to max weight stress-load test that swing I’m your huckleberry.  😝

Edited by BigNate

Just now, BigNate said:

If you need to stress-load test that swing I’m your huckleberry.  😝

We're already talking about you for that job, brother...   You up for driving down to Maricopa on Sunday morning, before it gets hot?...   :popcorn:

54 minutes ago, BigNate said:

Here ya go….  PSA 223 Wylde 1:7 stainless 18” heavy barrel with Mlok stuff… Magpul bipod stolen from elsewhere… Arken 6-24 FFP glass .  Aero bare lower with a basic lower kit but replaced the trigger with an SSA-E.  Better buttstock should be here before the weekend.    Hopefully I’ll get rounds through it on Saturday. 

C9DB2903-1AF2-4346-836C-8D616F617811.jpeg

Only thing I see wrong here is that there's waaaay too many numbers on that dial...  :hornet:

11 minutes ago, JBMatt said:

Only thing I see wrong here is that there's waaaay too many numbers on that dial...  :hornet:

You called him out for MOAs...   :lmao:

MIL scopes are WAY EASIER, and MUCH MORE BETTER...  :laffs:   Less math, makes the shooter faster...

Divide your MOAs by 3.4377 to come up with the MIL equivalent.  We'll all be speaking MILs out there, so the math is on you...  :thefinger:

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You called him out for MOAs...   :lmao:

MIL scopes are WAY EASIER, and MUCH MORE BETTER...  :laffs:   Less math, makes the shooter faster...

Divide your MOAs by 3.4377 to come up with the MIL equivalent.  We'll all be speaking MILs out there, so the math is on you...  :thefinger:

Truthfully - that is my first tactical scope - and the second is the MIL variant of the same scope...   I bought MOA first because in my mind the 1MOA = 1" per 100 yards maths seemed simpler to me than the 1 MIL = 3.6" per hundred yards.   Since I think in inches not CM and yards not meters it seemed logical.  After reading up a bit on the topic I determined that there was no good answer - it is a holy-war topic and if I choose one over the other I'm bound to be wrong in some environment - so I figured I'd learn both... 🙂

If the AZ Accurized AR crew here all speaks MIL - I'll get my MIL on... not so much to "fit in" (ask my momma how well I comply when I decide that a directive is wrong) - but to make life easier for the rookie (me)... 🤣