• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vortex Strike Eagle 5 X 25 X 56

I've had my new Vortex Strike Eagle now for a bit,,, first one had to go back as I all of a sudden started throwing flyers that landed about 3" up and 2" or so left.. so back to Scheels for a direct exchange... made me start thinking about a Vortex Razor?? LOL

Anyway, I just installed a Giselle SSA-E yesterday and can't wait to get out and give "Little Miss Wilson" some exercise,, but she's gained a pound or two with the scope and mount,, but that trigger feels amazing,, 

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2021 at 9:35 PM, unforgiven said:

Great trigger brother 👍

Yes it is, and I've been loving it, unfortunately I broke an extractor on little Miss Wilson,,, so it was right before a weekend I had lined up to give my trigger a test... it took a little while, but they replaced my whole BCG, and while this rifle doesn't eject them like I would like,, she chews on the brass, I was able to go my my Sprinco Orange and 5.3 oz KAK ejector.. So optically, I had the Strike Eagle off to repair my rifle and slipped my old Redfield Battlezone back on to test my new BCG.. I realized how stinkin heavy that Strike Eagle and Giselle 34 MM mount were.. so that extra 3 lbs on my rifle really made it a lot less handy around the farm.

So Strike Eagle, really decent Chinese Glass, really heavy, but very robust, honestly though my Redfield is much brighter and crisper,, I love the Razor II, its amazing glass, but also very heavy.. so I really like the SR-25 Giselle mount,, so I'm looking for a nice 34 MM tactical scope that is not Chinese, and not quite so heavy?