• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite AR10 BCG and Bolt

moagm316

sorry my knowledge of the RRA 308 is limited. I would stick with their 308 BCG for sure. I dont think there's anything unusual about their 5.56's When purchasing a barrel many reputable shops like Rainier and Fulton will allow you to send them your bolt and verify headspace for a nominal fee. Alternatively they If you buy a barrel and a bolt from them as a package they will check headspace as well

• 1 month later...

@ moagm316,

I hear you.

I have encountered the same problem.

I resorted to using a bucket of solvent to soak the BCG.

As it was soakung for a day I would work the bolt while it was submerged and I would see carbon fall out.

I would have rather dissasembled it.

According to Armalite it will be easier once a few hundred rounds have cycled.

WOW... just wow...

I don't care what Armalite says. This cam pin should come out. It is not just tight it is almost in there permanently. If the cam pin cant come out my accuracy will suck if I cant clean the dang bolt.

This is right from ArmaLite Tech note #5

CAM PIN FIT: Easy does it! Insert the cam pin straight into the carrier with the flat edge of the pin against the carrier key (you don’t rotate it 90 degrees like the M-15 cam pin). Until parts are loosened by breaking them in, tight  tolerances on the AR-10 sometimes require use of a flat

tipped screwdriver or other suitable object to slip the cam pin past the bolt carrier key. The cam pin must never be altered to provide clearance.