• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bcg sticking

Savage11006

Ok, so i got my barrel, gas block and tube, and handguard installed yesterday. Decided to try to hand cycle some rounds today just to check things. After i chambered the first round i couldn't pull back the charging handle but maybe a half inch. Removed upper from lower, played with charging handle and bcg a little and it came free. Reassembled everything, tried again and the same thing. Got everything back apart and freed up and put just the bcg in with nothing else and it still gets hung trying to pull it out. If i wiggle it up and down a couple times it comes free. Could the bolt be catching in the chamber or something? I took the firing pin out just to be safe, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I can take pics if needed just not sure of where to take them of.

4 hours ago, Savage11006 said:

Ok, so i got my barrel, gas block and tube, and handguard installed yesterday. Decided to try to hand cycle some rounds today just to check things. After i chambered the first round i couldn't pull back the charging handle but maybe a half inch. Removed upper from lower, played with charging handle and bcg a little and it came free. Reassembled everything, tried again and the same thing. Got everything back apart and freed up and put just the bcg in with nothing else and it still gets hung trying to pull it out. If i wiggle it up and down a couple times it comes free. Could the bolt be catching in the chamber or something? I took the firing pin out just to be safe, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I can take pics if needed just not sure of where to take them of.

Were you working a dry gun, throughout that?

It'll need rounds through it, and it'll need to break in.  All these bigger parts need time to mate to each other, locking surfaces, bearing surfaces, etc.  It's gonna need rounds downrange.  I wouldn't sweat it too much, unless the thing isn't functioning when you pull the trigger on live rounds.