• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Battle buggy

unforgiven

The Ukrainian battle buggies are mostly civilian Polaris Rangers with the indigenous Ukrainian Stugna-P ATGM system. I see we are unloading most the National Guard M113 APC’s to the Ukraine. Those make some sense if they don’t use them like an AFV like the US did in Vietnam. Battle taxis to the front lines, protect the occupants from small arms and shrapnel, period. Can carry more Javelins, NLAWS, Karl Gustavs, and Stugnas that way, then get them out of harms way. And absolutely no protection from mines. My best friend in high school spent a year in Vietnam as an M60 gunner on one of those M113’s immediately Post Tet offensive, 1968-69.  He was lucky that the two RPGs shot at them both missed.

Edited by Sisco

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

The Ukrainian battle buggies are mostly civilian Polaris Rangers with the indigenous Ukrainian Stugna-P ATGM system.

Hey brother, despite what that article speculates at, the pics on this main page of the article, right here:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukrainian-battle-buggies-are-out-to-kill-russian-tanks

None of those vehicles listed are Polaris products.  New, old, past, present.  Polaris never made anything that looks like what's in those pics.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, Sisco said:

Polaris has a Ukraine division, but you would know better then I

They don't.  Not even an office.  32 locations in 17 countries.  Closest to Ukraine is an office just outside of Opole, Poland.   4 of the 32 locations are manufacturing sites, 3 US and 1 in Monterrey, Mexico.

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^   That data doesn't include dealerships, at all.  Just official corporate locations.

Really? I read an article in the Minneapolis Star business section a number of years ago about Polaris expansion plans that included the Ukraine. Guess they decided not to. Thanks for the update.

11 hours ago, Sisco said:

Really? I read an article in the Minneapolis Star business section a number of years ago about Polaris expansion plans that included the Ukraine. Guess they decided not to. Thanks for the update.

They pulled that around 2019 or 2020, from what I've found.  Well, they had no initial plans for it, but they took a huge step back from Ukraine support around that time.

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

They pulled that around 2019 or 2020, from what I've found.  Well, they had no initial plans for it, but they took a huge step back from Ukraine support around that time.

CEOs are always ambitious, sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn’t.