• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Soft case recommendations

1 hour ago, josiahg52 said:

Flying is always so much fun. Out of Boston, one agent was insistent that they have to "inspect" the firearms to ensure they're unloaded before I can sign the declarations and put them in the cases. I said that's not true but also know arguing with these types is useless so I asked how they want me to accomplish that, do they want to accompany me to another room out back, away from the public, etc. No, we can do it right here. 

My brother was making the trip with me and we exchange looks and he rolls his eyes and shakes his head. I'm like screw it, when is the next time I'll be able to pull out in the middle of Boston. I make quite a show of it so that the agent could feel okay about their responsibilities to ensure my M4, personal Recce, M1014, 700, various pistols were really unloaded. I know I shouldn't have, but I looked around at the reactions. Some were nodding their heads like hell yeah, bad ass. Most looked like they had the vapors and were going to faint right there.

“Sure, I’ll play your silly little game if it makes you feel better and keeps things moving.”

I’m hoping I never have to fly with my guns. It’s hard enough figuring out how to legally transport them in my car in CA in a manner that won’t land me in trouble should I run into the wrong person. I don’t get into a lot of interactions with officers, but it would be my luck that the one time things weren’t locked separately “enough” , I’d get pulled over by “that guy”. 

II think I'm going to get the Armageddon Gear SASS case. It's made to fit the Pelican 1720 which means it should fit in the 1750 with some room for harder stuff on the outside: ammunition, extra magazines, etc. This means I'll finally have to get my 1750 squared away

2 hours ago, josiahg52 said:

II think I'm going to get the Armageddon Gear SASS case.

Top quality gear all the way there, man.  I was deployed with the badass that made that company.  I love everything they make, it's pure perfection.

I have a Rifles Only cover for my Griffin Recce 7 but decided to get an Armageddon cover for it also. I have an AEM5 for a Mk12-inspired rifle that I also use on a Recce style rifle.

IMG_20210115_091921.thumb.jpg.8d04db7a7b1c8f73b8c5c78268af7aed.jpg

Sort of an early-2000s SEAL Recon rifle. McKay M16A2 lower, older BCM upper, 16" mid-gas Douglas match barrel, KAC Rifle RAS, Tango Down BG17 grip, Mil-spec 6-position buffer tube w/8.5 oz. XH buffer and Wolff spring, B5 Enhanced SOPMOD stock, Colt M16 BCG, Colt parts kit, Colt ambi safety, KNS Precision hardened SS safety detent, AXTS Raptor ambi charging handle, Norgon ambi mag release, Magpul winter trigger guard, Geissele SSA trigger, KAC 600m rear sight, KAC M4 NSN front sight, Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24mm Compact illuminated Mil-R scope in a Nightforce 20 MOA UniMount, Atlas PSR bipod w/A.R.M.S. #32 QD mount, Allen Engineering AEM5 w/Ops, Inc. 12th model muzzle brake and collar, and a vintage Surefire M951 with a Malkoff M61N LED drop in.

The Recce 7 is shorter than the AEM5 (7.6" vs 8.8") but I think that Rifles Only cover may work for it, leaving the part over the barrel uncovered.

11 hours ago, josiahg52 said:

I have a Rifles Only cover for my Griffin Recce 7 but decided to get an Armageddon cover for it also. I have an AEM5 for a Mk12-inspired rifle that I also use on a Recce style rifle.

IMG_20210115_091921.thumb.jpg.8d04db7a7b1c8f73b8c5c78268af7aed.jpg

Sort of an early-2000s SEAL Recon rifle. McKay M16A2 lower, older BCM upper, 16" mid-gas Douglas match barrel, KAC Rifle RAS, Tango Down BG17 grip, Mil-spec 6-position buffer tube w/8.5 oz. XH buffer and Wolff spring, B5 Enhanced SOPMOD stock, Colt M16 BCG, Colt parts kit, Colt ambi safety, KNS Precision hardened SS safety detent, AXTS Raptor ambi charging handle, Norgon ambi mag release, Magpul winter trigger guard, Geissele SSA trigger, KAC 600m rear sight, KAC M4 NSN front sight, Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24mm Compact illuminated Mil-R scope in a Nightforce 20 MOA UniMount, Atlas PSR bipod w/A.R.M.S. #32 QD mount, Allen Engineering AEM5 w/Ops, Inc. 12th model muzzle brake and collar, and a vintage Surefire M951 with a Malkoff M61N LED drop in.

The Recce 7 is shorter than the AEM5 (7.6" vs 8.8") but I think that Rifles Only cover may work for it, leaving the part over the barrel uncovered.

Great looking Mk12 Mod H, right there.  :thumbup: