• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS gen 1 build issues

rogu 777

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Wow...  

Gas block?  Really?  Did you see the rest of the spring info I linked to you in that chart?  I don't think you even looked at the chart, once you opened the webpage. It would surprise me if you knew what you were looking at in the first place.

Do a little research, you say.  You have any idea how much research I've done on this in the past 12 years, and tested?

Tell those people that fixed your rifle to sign right up on here and I'll have a discussion with them - you obviously won't be the one that carries on an intelligent conversation about the details of this platform. 

Lets see, 12 years hmm,   The first AR15 I shot was 1976, i was too small to shoulder it and would shoot from the hip with my dad back in the day. I was 9. I was surrounded by guns since i breath.  shoot regularly, even got an AR180 for my 15th birthday, become a cop in late 89 and spend another 15 years surrounded by guns, and schools, and qualifications, and more schools, and while i never had too shoot anyone thanfuly, i've been on many and have seen wounded or dead from 9mm, 40, 45, 38, the mighty .357, and even the tried and true 1oz slug.  Now i may not be an armorer but i'm quite compitent and I know what I know, and what I don't I learn from other, and pass on.  Impres me with some achievement other than an AR. Is a silly little childs  puzzle and not a good measure of technical apptitude, as evident when a few questions had be up and running in a day or two of questions. In the end I never gave a solution, I merely provided a valid list of places to start.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ebbiv said:

In the end I never gave a solution, I merely provided a valid list of places to start.

You sure attempted to - told him he needed a 9.3/4" spring, and it would all be good.  Tell me you didn't state that, directly. 

Just now, 98Z5V said:

You are an idiot.

You're just copying and pasting anything you can find on the internet - yet, you're so smart, and know all this...   then why did someone else figure out your gun for you, and you're going to sick them on us...   :lmao::laffs:

Read this - I wrote this myself.  Didn't copy it and paste it from around the web.

There are alot more than that.  Rifle buffers for AR15s, Rifle buffers for .308 ARs,  RIfle buffers for Rock River Arms LAR-8 varients, Carbine buffers that are 3.250 long, 2.500" long, and again, for Rock River Arms LAR-8 guns - do you know how long those carbine buffers are?  I do.

VLTOR A5 buffers, 9mm buffers...   the list goes on.

Of course the buffer poop is from the net, it was sent to me, and a little search will yield dozens,  I simply sent you what was sent to me and the  clock is actally the most valluable one.  the DPMS Clones are the reason for alll peoples ills,  the article was from one of the comments, theres no such thing as too many suggestion or too many questions as the ultimatley lead to solutions.   You're trying to act like you're some  brilliant gun guy and using the  simplest platform on earth, then you  attempt to claim you know the fix when  you don't even  have the weapon.  Who knows how messed  up it is, by throwing parts at it doesn't do it.  Thus I didn't say what was wrong, only what to look for.  Honestly in your life have you ever achieved anything of significance? Any real skills, Pilot, Diver, Mechanic, Tactical skills? because you're like the little bully, who talks poop to compensate for his lack of abilities and shortfalls in life.   Wow

1 minute ago, ebbiv said:

Of course the buffer poop is from the net, it was sent to me, and a little search will yield dozens, 

Everything you posted is from the 'net.  Post from your BRAIN.  Let's have this discussion.  Not copy/paste bullshiit from you.

Someone else "fixed your gun" with a fucked up, short incorrect buffer spring.  Now, you know everything - they sold you on that, apparently, because they had to send you a bunch of stuff on it.  And you bought it.

3 minutes ago, ebbiv said:

Of course the buffer poop is from the net, it was sent to me, and a little search will yield dozens,  I simply sent you what was sent to me and the  clock is actally the most valluable one.  the DPMS Clones are the reason for alll peoples ills,  the article was from one of the comments, theres no such thing as too many suggestion or too many questions as the ultimatley lead to solutions.   You're trying to act like you're some  brilliant gun guy and using the  simplest platform on earth, then you  attempt to claim you know the fix when  you don't even  have the weapon.  Who knows how messed  up it is, by throwing parts at it doesn't do it.  Thus I didn't say what was wrong, only what to look for.  Honestly in your life have you ever achieved anything of significance? Any real skills, Pilot, Diver, Mechanic, Tactical skills? because you're like the little bully, who talks poop to compensate for his lack of abilities and shortfalls in life.   Wow

Tag your it 

Off the top of your head, no time to waste  - what should the gas port diameter be on a 22" rifle gas barrel, with an Armalite AR-10 gas system, and a 0.875" gas block diameter?  :popcorn:

The answer is easy - if you know what recoil system to run. 

Edited by 98Z5V

7 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

No, you aren't COMPETENT.  <<<  That's how you spell it.  You had to have someone else "fix" your gun for you.  :laffs:

Uh no, I had others give me possible causes, and did it myself.  The incompetent person doesn't ask questions and screws themselves worse.  Nobody knows anything without being taught, or by doing.  whatever  you think you know about anything wasn't God given at birth.  You're the clown that tells the pilot how to fly the plane even though you can't fly lol

1 minute ago, ebbiv said:

whatever  you think you know about anything wasn't God given at birth.  You're the clown that tells the pilot how to fly the plane even though you can't fly lol

Never stated that at all  - no matter what you insinuate.  Oh, I can't fly, either.  Nor teach people to fly.  Wouldn't attempt it.

If I didn't know shiit about gas-operated ARs, I wouldn't be on an AR board fixing guns, either...   you should take your own criticism in that realm.

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Off the top of your head, no time to waste  - what should the gas port diameter be on a 22" rifle gas barrel, with an Armalite AR-10 gas system, and a 0.875" gas block diameter?  :popcorn:

Not of importance, I don't by barrel blanks, as i'm not a machinist, nor is it worth my time when I can't buy a complete upper.  I only purchase barrels for my bolt guns. No matter what caliber you throught in An AR10 its measurable on paper, and limited range.   When I want to shoot real distance i have  a 300 win mag for that. 

Uh no, I had others give me possible causes, and did it myself.  The incompetent person doesn't ask questions and screws themselves worse.  Nobody knows anything without being taught, or by doing.  whatever  you think you know about anything wasn't God given at birth.  You're the clown that tells the pilot how to fly the plane even though you can't fly lol

98 mfr is a been there done that so why the hostility? Did you get  sent here for other reasons? 

When I want to shoot real distance i have  a 300 win mag for that. 

What distance do you shoot your .300 Win Mag?  What's the load that you use?

EDIT - sorry, you said "real distance."  What's "real distance?" 

Edited by 98Z5V

14 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

What distance do you shoot your .300 Win Mag?  What's the load that you use?

EDIT - sorry, you said "real distance."  What's "real distance?" 

To me 1500 as its all thats available to me at this point and I use a B24 HMR Bergara, and 190 matchkings.

2 minutes ago, ebbiv said:

To me 1500 as its all thats available to me at this point and I use a B24 HMR Bergara, and 190 matchkings.

That's cute.   How do you do at that distance?  Is that meters or yards?  Buy your ammo, or do you load it yourself?

4 minutes ago, ebbiv said:

Typo Its a B14 

Okay, so you didn't even know what you have - if you really have it.  You don't even have a scope on it.

27 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's cute.   How do you do at that distance?  Is that meters or yards?  Buy your ammo, or do you load it yourself?

^^^  Let's get back to this question - will you answer this one, please?

Edited by 98Z5V

2 minutes ago, ebbiv said:

Yards, and Really?  and what you want the dopes too? or we going to dispute ammo now

Nope, no dispute, none at all.  I know my dope, and my load - I load them myself.  I'm asking you - you answered a piece of it, yards.  I shoot yards, too.  Haven't given a shiit about shooting meters since I retired from the .mil.  Yards or nothing for me, anymore.

The other part of the question was if you were reloading your own 190 SMKs, or if you were buying ammo.  I don't care about your load details, or your dope at distance.  I have my load details, and my own dope.