• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

16 inch barrel 308 mlgs

Tbugg90

I have 3, absolutely non of them have adjustable gas blocks.  Not necessary for proper operation; I don't use them.

Well, I have 1 (.308 Win).  Then a .338 Fed 16"er and a .358 Win 16"er.  And a 13.5" midlength .308 Win.  They all run great.

• 3 weeks later...

14.7"  barrel non-adjustable gas block, .308.  The upper is from PSA but I didn't use their BCG, and use an A2 stock but can't tell you where the buffer and spring came from as I built it before finding this site, plus I have BAD cases of CRS and DGS these days.  I've ran quite a few different loads thru it, some Remington and Winchester factory loads both 150 and 180 grain bullets, some 150 grain Sierra soft points in Lake City Match cases pushed by H414, and Barnes 175 grain hunting loads in Lake City Match cases pushed by Varget.  Accuracy is excellent and never single malfunction of any kind.  

Sadly I couldn't tell you the size of the gas feed hole in the block, never had it apart to date.....

IMG_3415.thumb.JPG.a49ec84cc0160f17de7999082d2aa06c.JPGIMG_3438.thumb.JPG.3c8561c0f42e4b502e137519c0806a27.JPG