• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Questions on AR10

Retired, thanks for responding, well I guess I will go with the Noveske upper then, sounds like their quality control is really good and that they care about making a quality product. In the end there is only $673.00 difference in the two, it is a lot of money, but I want accuracy, again thanks for your time.

I thought Noveske used polygonal barrels?

According to their website, their barrels are button rifled with a proprietary button that puts a trapezoidal shape to the lands. They say it gives longer barrel life and better accuracy.

Before ordering, you might want to give them a call and have the Switchblock deleted. If you're not going to use a suppressor, you might be able to save a little money.

Retired, thanks again and so much for your help. Yes, if it will save me some money I will do that, because I not interested in shooting suppressed I tried to find info on their website about their barrels, but was unsuccessful, guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have a dilemma, I ordered a Noveske N6 21" upper and now Rainer Arms and all the rest say they have over sold that particular one. They do however, have the 18" in stock, the sales Rep claimed it to only be .49 lb lighter and I would only lose aprox. 125 yrds of accuracy. I was planning on shooting 1000 yrd NRA Highpower matches with this rifle, is there a big difference between the 2 lengths in accuracy?? Is the Rep right on his claims?? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

An 18" barrel could do it, but I wouldn't do it with the Noveske. A good 18" bull barrel would work better for you. Even a heavy barrel would be better.

The difference in barrel lengths will produce approximately 100fps less. To make up for this you'd have to go with a lighter bullet. A lighter bullet is going to have more issues the further you plan on launching it.

Hi J,

We have temporarily discontinued that line while we focus on our other caliber rifles. 7.62mm may be available again late 2012 early 2013.

Best Regards,

Sheri

Noveske Rifleworks LLC

Ph:541-479-6117

Fx:541-479-2555

Well now I guess I will be going with the Armalite upper..... :(

If your positive that you want the Noveske barrel, you might want to give DSG arms a call. When I was looking for my 7.62 X 51 Afghan barrel, Noveske told me the same thing. The girl suggested that I try DSG. I called them up and even though it was listed as out of stock on the website, they found one in the warehouse for me. It might be worth a phone call.

12.5" ain't bad....hell....how could you go wrong?  I've got the DSA 11" FAL OSW(waiting on the ATF), the POF 12" PDW (on order..waiting to come in), and I just ordered the Noveske Leonidas barrel (plan to build my own upper with it). It's a sickness. I'm kinda going thru an SBR craze right now. And hey....what else is better to storm the castle with? HA! Especially when those shorties have suppressors on them. Silence is golden. Less is more.

Now, pesonally I like the Noveske stuff cause it's built to the Armalite specs. Sheesh....I can't help it.....I'm kind of an Armalite guy. Once again....it's a sickness.

I saw the video of the leonidas on Noveskes site and although it looks pretty cool and I'm sure it effectivly serves a purpose, I'm thinking that unless the pig brake or the surpressor adds some back pressure to the barrel, I think that your wasting a lot of the useful power/powder in the .308 out of such a short barrel. My 14.5" with BABC makes a huge muzzle flash every time I fire it. I'm thinking that the 2" shorter barrel is going to be even worse, unless of course your running a can.

• 4 weeks later...

Op, if you haven't got a barrel yet and your interest is high power, I'd look at Kreiger.  They have drop in AR10 barrels listed on their web site and they're a top tier match barrel maker.  Using a rifle length gas system, you shouldn't need an adjustable gas block, this is how Mr. Stoner designed it.  If you go mid length or change to 6.5 mm or .243 without moving the gas port then you need some adjustablility.  Make sure you get a 10 twist as you're going to want to shoot 175's or heavier.  Noveski is very popular with the tactical crowd and they make good stuff, but for what you want I'd go with a custom barrel.  Thats Kreiger, Rock, Obermyer, Lilja, etc.  Good luck & have fun with your build.