• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

almost done buying parts. Am I missing anything?

jeffery

So this is a list of the parts I have so far in my soon to be built ar10   .308

Aero Precision upper,lower and hand guard

ballistic advantage 20 inch bull barrel

ultradyne apollo max muzzle break

safety select,mag release and take down pins. dont remember off the top of my head who made those.

ambi bolt catch by phase 5

geissele ssa-ex lightning trigger

anti walk back pins but dont think i really need them

cryptic coatings bcg with titanium firing pin

v-seven titanium castle nut and base plate

aero buffer tube assembly

gen 3 magpul precision stock

tyrant designs pistol grip

geissele charging handle

dust cover

and i have a spring kit but im not sure its everything i need.

I still need to get the gas block and gas tube and a bipod. have them picked out but its gonna have to wait

Im pretty sure I dont have all the springs and detents I need but other than that thats about it.

Am I missing anything?

2 hours ago, jeffery said:

the buffer tube is fixed rifle length 

You should not have an issue with that.

2 hours ago, jeffery said:

plan on using a superlative arms adjustable gas block.

Measure the gas port in your barrel and the diameter of the barrel at that point.  That is a common choke point of the gas as many of them are too small.  You cannot adjust a gas block to make more gas go through than what the gas port allows.  @98Z5V is very good at determining the necessary size of gas ports.

5 hours ago, jeffery said:

thanks i will make note of that

On 7/3/2023 at 11:06 AM, jeffery said:

ballistic advantage 20 inch bull barrel

Get me the pertinent specs on that barrel listed up here, and I'll let you know what you need for a gas port diameter range.  You measure them (the easiest way) with numbered drill bits. 

17 hours ago, jeffery said:

i think i might have the right size bits. assuming its not the one i broke. lol

As long as the broken one isn't the one you used to drill the barrel - and it's still in there...

Then we're good.  :thumbup::laffs:

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 4:45 PM, 98Z5V said:

Get me the pertinent specs on that barrel listed up here, and I'll let you know what you need for a gas port diameter range.  You measure them (the easiest way) with numbered drill bits. 

I got with the guy who is putting my rifle together and he is aware of that issue or possible issue and said he will make sure all is well. But thank you for pointing that out to me.

I got the case in today. Pelican 1750... Damn nice case. Heavy as hell. Very solid. My armorer friend has all the parts now and is going to put it together. Thanks to every one who had suggestions on this. It helped a lot and I learned a lot more.  I will post a pic of it once its done.

IMG_5019[1].JPG

8 hours ago, jeffery said:

I got with the guy who is putting my rifle together and he is aware of that issue or possible issue and said he will make sure all is well. But thank you for pointing that out to me.

Cool - let us know how it shoots.  :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

When I took my box of goodies to him to build i decided to weigh it first in the box for some reason. 24lbs I  think it was. Its funny cause that was the first thing he asked me when I dropped it off. weird ... In any case i discovered that I missed buying one part. Of all things it was a mag release. So I bought a troy industries ambi release. Tool steel. I thought perfect. I swear when I bought it, it said it was for ar15 and ar10. In any case.... its not...lol... SSSOOOOOOOO I had to order another one because it was too short. Got that in and gave it to him so it should be ready anytime. Im kinda hoping its done this weekend but we'll see. Im not in a hurry although Im anxious to get it back and post a pic. But Im not gonna bug him to much about it since he's doing it for the price of some homemade cookies.....

15 hours ago, jeffery said:

Got that in and gave it to him so it should be ready anytime.

Gave it to who?  Why aren't you building your own gun?  That mag release should be fine in the Large Frame AR, and if someone is telling you "it's too short." ...   they shouldn't be building your gun. Not at all. 

On 9/3/2023 at 2:25 AM, 98Z5V said:

Gave it to who?  Why aren't you building your own gun?  That mag release should be fine in the Large Frame AR, and if someone is telling you "it's too short." ...   they shouldn't be building your gun. Not at all. 

the man knows his stuff. I trust him completely ... now he may have dumbed it down for me but still. I will put his skills up against anyone on this form or any other. I trust this man with my life so I can trust him with my guns. As to why I am not doing it. Its simple. 2 reasons. 1 I dont have any tools for such a thing and 2 since I have no tools I have never done it before. That said I plan on buying the tools and building my next one myself.

15 hours ago, jeffery said:

the man knows his stuff. I trust him completely ... now he may have dumbed it down for me but still. I will put his skills up against anyone on this form or any other. I trust this man with my life so I can trust him with my guns. As to why I am not doing it. Its simple. 2 reasons. 1 I dont have any tools for such a thing and 2 since I have no tools I have never done it before. That said I plan on buying the tools and building my next one myself.

That's cool.   It doesn't matter what you shoot - it just matters THAT you shoot.  :thumbup:

Man, your AR-10 .308 build is shaping up to be quite the project! That's a strong list of components you've got there; you're definitely not skimping on quality. The Aero Precision and Geissele parts are top-notch choices for sure.

As for the gas block and gas tube, those are definitely key components you'll need. Since you're going all out on this build, you might also want to consider adding an aftermarket match-grade barrel like the ones from Dan Wesson, which you can find at US Patriot Armory. They offer a variety of options including a Dan Wesson Commander Classic that's CA compliant.

Edited by JasminMurray

19 hours ago, JasminMurray said:

Man, your AR-10 .308 build is shaping up to be quite the project! That's a strong list of components you've got there; you're definitely not skimping on quality. The Aero Precision and Geissele parts are top-notch choices for sure.

As for the gas block and gas tube, those are definitely key components you'll need. Since you're going all out on this build, you might also want to consider adding an aftermarket match-grade barrel like the ones from Dan Wesson, which you can find at US Patriot Armory. They offer a variety of options including a Dan Wesson Commander Classic that's CA compliant.

Bot, or spammer, that's all you are.  And you know it.

Here's past reference on the shiit you state - click it, it gets bigger...

JasminMurraySpammer.thumb.jpg.f4004fac6bfc86e342a3d616e3e912c3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well its basically done. changed the bolt catch and the safety selector so when he gets that done I will go pick it up and Ill post a pic or 2. I love it myself. I will say its a heavy sucker...lol Now once thats done im gonna build my next one myself. it will be an AR15 set up the same way..