• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

You guys know Brandon Herrera?

98Z5V

Haven’t watched the whole thing yet, but the tall guy with the short hair has the worst jab I have ever seen. The way he puts that left hand out there he is begging for a right cross or hook over the top of it.

Boxed Golden Gloves in high school. I was average at best. Learned a few things: 1. Lefties are dangerous the first time you fight one- you are circling into their strength. 2. Unconventional fighters are very dangerous if you haven’t trained for them. We never knew anything about our opponents as they were from other parts of the city or state, so you couldn’t prepare in advance for someones traits or style. 3. You can take a hard shot, black out and still finish the round and not go down.
I remember the adrenaline, and the cigarette smoke and screaming from 2-3,000 “fans” who wanted to see you get your clock cleaned. And lastly I remember the stink of those old locker rooms at Labor Temples, Reformatories, and Armories where we would fight. They were foul. You never hung around, you got on the bus and got out of there. And after other kids found out you boxed a bunch of them would always want to fight you. It got old quick. After 3 years I had had enough.

Note: Finally watched it all. Brandon finally started Landin’.  He could have been good if he started young. The other guy had no business being in that ring. Wussy jab, too slow, inaccurate right hand. A jab should be thrown so it “pops” when you hit the bag or a face with it. Look at some of the old reels of Larry Holmes jab. He knocked people out with it. My “ Pop” started to disappear at age 35. When I hit the bag it no longer “cracked”.

Edited by Sisco