• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

REPR Madness!!

Retired JM

While there's a sub-forum for LWRCi rifles, It's buried so deep no one would probably have noticed it.

I've had an LWRCi 5.56 for several years now. It's a brutally reliable stick and is my "go to" rifle for any social encounter that may arise. I have always been impressed with LWRC's attention to detail and when they introduced the REPR, I wanted one. Unfortunately, all that attention to detail comes with a high dollar amount attached and I had to shelve plans on getting one until recently. A gun shop in OKC had one gathering dust and I cut a deal with them to buy it for 3K, which is pretty much at cost so I felt like I got a good deal on it.

And here it is

IMAG0038.jpg

20" barrel (heavy contour), 1-10 RH Twist. The barrel has been nitride treated inside and out. LWRC claims their barrels are good for 20,000 rounds. The bore and chamber on my 5.56 still look new, so I have no reason to doubt this claim.

Giessle trigger, Magpul PRS stock and MIAD grip, Troy front and rear sights

Here's a look at the piston system:

IMAG0040.jpg

The REPR comes with an adjustable gas system with settings for normal, adverse conditions, supressed and total cut-off.

Probably the most unique feature on the REPR is the charging handle, located on the left side of the receiver.

IMAG0039.jpg

It's non-recprocating and the user can push inward on the knob and use it as a forward assist. The rifle is also a bit more ambidextrous than the usual AR in that it has an ambi mag release.

Bolt Carrier

IMAG0042.jpg

Here you can see some of the lightening cuts on the BCG. These continue all along the BC and help mitigate carrier tilt as well as providing channels for debris to work it's way through. Both the bolt and the BC are Ni-Corr treated, which is very similar to a Robar finish.

I took the Weaver/ADM off of my AR10 and am going to use it on the REPR until I decide on a new optic for it.

Shooting Impressions:

This is a heavy rifle at about 11 pounds unloaded w/o optic. Loaded up, it's scaring 15 pounds or so. It's a little heavier than an M110/SR25, but about the same for an M14 EBR. The added weight does give it one advantage - it really soaks up the recoil.

Shooting this rifle is a true joy. The trigger is light and crisp, breaking cleanly at 3 pounds and the recoil impulse is a smooth shove rather than an abrupt push.

Accuracy is scary good. If your fundamentals are sound, where ever you put the crosshairs is where that round is going (Using good ammo, of course.)

Right now, I've got 120 rounds through it with no malfs to this point. I'm impressed with this rifle to the point of stupefication. I went out to our local 1000 yd range and after zeroing, hitting a steel silhouette at 800 was as simple as point and click. I didn't go out to 1000 because we had some humidity and haze that didn't let me get a good solution (FGMM ain't cheap and I'm not gonna waste ammo.)

IMAG0028.jpg

If ya gots the coin, gets you a REPR.

Thanks for the review JM, I have the exact rifle in route(should have been here already :rant2:)  ? which rounds grouped the best for you? & what's lwrc's opinion on barrel break in ?

Great boom stick!!! <thumbsup> <thumbsup> you have excellent taste!!

LWRC doesn't really give any sort of guidance as to barrel break-in. They do recommend running 175 gr ammo like M118LR. So far, I've used only FGMM 168 and it's shot fine. I just got some Nosler OTMs so I'm gonna be experimenting with that. I'll be sure to post the results of my loads.