• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Where do you keep your CCW when not carrying it?

Tripledeuce

i know that a great number of us have conciled carry weapons.

That brings to mind the question of where do you keep it when not on your person?

Mine rests on a shelf ,next to my chair, or when in the shop, on a shelf under the bench.  Since I decided that it was time to carry,again, it is never out of arms length.

As someone once said, you never need a gun untill you REALLY need a gun.

Respectfully

Terry

I keep mine on top of my dresser and we have little hands around. They know about them my 5 year old and 2 year old knows how to load the clip and that the slide has to be pulled to chamber and they know not to touch unless daddy is with them. They will grow up and know more then I do about firearms. My 2 year old girl could probably put a lower togerher already.

I keep mine on top of my dresser and we have little hands around. They know about them my 5 year old and 2 year old knows how to load the clip and that the slide has to be pulled to chamber and they know not to touch unless daddy is with them. They will grow up and know more then I do about firearms. My 2 year old girl could probably put a lower togerher already.

i don't think this is safe or proper gun safety.

i won't tell you what to teach your children but i think accidents can happen, and children, while they show the ability to learn, forget just as easily sometimes. it's too easy for curious minds to come into play, creating a moment that will change a family forever.

a close friend of mine lost his older brother to one of these moments. accidents happen and i would rather it did not happen to anyone else, especially someone on this board.

a biometric safe or a small safe on a dresser is a quick access safeguard that can prevent this.

please understand that i am not trying to call you out but i am very concerned that the odds are not in your favor, and you can help eliminate many possible scenarios here with a little effort. even a shelf in your closet would be better.

out sight, out of mind. especially for little ones.

officially off the soap box, sorry 6132. 

• 2 weeks later...