• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My Suppressor Requirements.

moagm316

I have in mind two suppressors and the both must meet my requirements.

1. Suppress at a minimum be safe for humans hearing.

2. Have a fast attach system preferrably for use with A2 style flash hiders. Preferably the Battle Comp.

3. Be user serviceable.

Any thoughts?

• 4 months later...

2. Have a fast attach system preferrably for use with A2 style flash hiders. Preferably the Battle Comp.

Any thoughts?

GemTech HALO.  If the Battlecomp has the same dimensions as the A2, then it'll work on the Battlecomp.  It mounts directly, securely, to the A2.

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/HALO-9p86.htm

I never saw this topic come up the first time...  <dontknow> :-[

Sorry Unforgiven... I didn't receive an e-mail stating there was a new post. I'm pretty sure I hit the "notify me of replies" check box.

I really have no plans for a QD break at present. There are some interesting designs out there and, this may change if some incredibly diabolical idea strikes me but, my experience has been that, if you shoot a lot with a quick detach mount, it becomes no longer quickly detachable. ;) I also like the direct thread method for positive lock-up at the barrel's shoulder and less problems with POI shift.

Like I said, this may change - we plan on machining our own take on the AR platform at some point as well but, right now I've got my hands full just trying too keep up with what I've already got going.  :o

Well, there are so many ways to go there and, there are proprietary concepts we'd want to stay away from as well.

I'm always open to ideas though, and I know that there are a lot of terrific ideas floating around in "non-industry" peoples' heads too.

Tell you what... A contest. Private messages only - send me your designs / thoughts for a muzzle break/QD device, adaptable to different product applications, ie; multi-platform, not copying any existing products, obviously machinable for cost effective mass production, that will satisfy the needs and desires of most average shooters.

We can keep track of submissions here and discuss them without posting diagrams, and if an idea merits producing, the winner gets... wait for it...

His/Her choice of any can from my site - you only pay for your tax stamp - and the device will be named for the winning designer. If it's a wildly terrific and profitable idea, we'll discuss the winner's further compensation privately.

So there's a challenge for you - it's an opportunity for end users to have input in the product design process, it'll be of help to me to have the creativity and feedback of others and if we discover something wonderful, a very possible payoff in the long run.

Gentlemen... Start your engines.