• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pulling em. 

image.jpg

Hell yes !    a lil meat rest...then its claw time!    too funny...I was gonna ask if you got your insulated gloves in yet in cause if you dont use your hands the butt will fall in pieces.....yes...been there done that   LOL      I know you had to chomp on some...so? tasty moist ?  why sure    Wash

Edited by washguy

That looks killer. I'm still in a pork coma. Going to cook the ribs up this week. More stuff showing up this week too. Should get my ribs from oak ridge and the smoke daddy. Going to call traeger tomorrow about the controller issue. Probably wind up trying he p-0 settings for a bit and if that doesn't help I'll swap the controller in it. Bummer. Cheese sounds bitchin Shepp. My wife has become lactose intolerant and she's going to hate me the first time I smoke cheese. 

That looks killer. I'm still in a pork coma. Going to cook the ribs up this week. More stuff showing up this week too. Should get my ribs from oak ridge and the smoke daddy. Going to call traeger tomorrow about the controller issue. Probably wind up trying he p-0 settings for a bit and if that doesn't help I'll swap the controller in it. Bummer. Cheese sounds bitchin Shepp. My wife has become lactose intolerant and she's going to hate me the first time I smoke cheese. 

your going to need a cold night to do it, you've gotta keep your grilling area under 90*. You might beable to maintain that though your smoker is different than mine. I can only smoke cheese fall-spring because of that issue 

Got any left over pork butt DNP? One thing I like to make is BBQ pork pizza 

I normally just get a store bought pizza crust, put down some BBQ sauce, sauté up some onions and mushrooms spread them out then put down your pork and some cheddar cheese, good shit!!

another think I like is to make enchiladas with it!

As far as the cheese, it almost always under 90 here in San Diego!  Got a smoke daddy on the way....I will definitely make an attempt. If not, I'm just going to have to mail cheese to you.

lol it's almost always under 90 here too but you can't make smoke with out fire ;)

Ok wash....you're responsible for this one.  I need something tasty to try the habañero death dust on. Pretty sure my wife ain't gonna eat that.  Gonna need a brisket this weekend too...

image.jpg

AWESOME !     just want you to know the Deathdust is Hot!...I use a few pinches in with my chicken/pork rub...do not use it by itself ! and the brisket is the hardest cut of meat to get right...just sayin......I think your best bet is babyback ribs for the second go around..... yep get you a couple of racks of babybacks....Dominator sweet rib rub....boom.....best babybacks ever        you done good          Wash

No, didn't call. Just watched some videos. Listened to his recommendation in one of them. He was cooking with the same grill I have...except there was no Traeger lid. He said he got his from the same supplier "some other companies" do. This was the one he had on it. Says he gets 2.5-3 hours of smoke out of a full load. 

No, didn't call. Just watched some videos. Listened to his recommendation in one of them. He was cooking with the same grill I have...except there was no Traeger lid. He said he got his from the same supplier "some other companies" do. This was the one he had on it. Says he gets 2.5-3 hours of smoke out of a full load. 

I've never come close to that on a full load

So how's that work?  Like a giant version of those e-cigs?

there is a cap on each end bottom cap has hole for draw about 1" from the bottom of the pipe is a mesh to hold the chips in. At the top there is a 3/4" black pipe that treads in and goes into your smoker, there is also a rod at the top the air pump hooks to to push/ creates draft the smoke into the smoker

So how's that work?  Like a giant version of those e-cigs?

wood chips go inside.  Light fire.  Make smoke.  Aquarium pump pushes smoke into grill/smoker/cardboard box/wife's car....whatever you hook it to.

shepp-maybe he's just better at it?  Lol  

It ain't the size wash....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by DNP

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic