imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, DNP said:

Telling ya, do it on wings or legs....follow the recipe on oak ridge site. I actually skipped the second dusting and the wings were killer. 

If your nose aint runnin by the 6th or 7th piece you aint put enough on...or you're slurping up too much blue cheese   .....Wash

20160225_200037.jpg

1 hour ago, DNP said:

What flavor were you burning?  I'm going with pecan again tomorrow. 

Hickory in the smoke daddy with some apple added to the burner in the smoker it's self. 13 hours from start to finish not counting the brine. Just got it pulled cooled and vac sealed. Think next time I'll either brine in fruit juice/water mix or 4:2 on the rubs. bark was alil salty could use some sweet, but sauce will fix that

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by shepp

do it every time. Supposedly makes better access to the meat. Doesn't take anything to do it, probably can't tell a difference, but I figure it ain't hurting anything and if it does what it's supposed to do-great. 

1 hour ago, DNP said:

do it every time. Supposedly makes better access to the meat. Doesn't take anything to do it, probably can't tell a difference, but I figure it ain't hurting anything and if it does what it's supposed to do-great. 

Yep  gotta score the fat    ....getting ready to put brisket point on ....     Wash

20160403_110214.jpg

20160403_110719.jpg

Edited by washguy

I debated brisket for this weekend. I want to try again, because my last(first) one wasn't all that wonderful. It was ok, but not what brisket should be. 

Looking on on track here. Little butt is running to be shred worthy around 1 or so, hopefully the others are closer to 4 to come off the grill. 

image.jpg

Beef is going to take another attempt. One of the directions I found said to wrap it at 160 and then take it to 190-195 and check for ability to shred. I skipped wrapping it. Bark is very crunchy...essentially burned. Meat underneath is pretty dry. Some in the middle ain't bad, but I think this was a failed attempt. Bummer. 

21 hours ago, shepp said:

Yum! Going to try that after I get back. Smoking cheese tomorrow, string, cheddar, baby Swiss and pepper jack 

wendsday trout, which is brining right now

Which brine for fish?   What? You didnt brine the cheese?  Geez im so far behind on brining...Ha.              Wash

14 minutes ago, washguy said:

Which brine for fish?   What? You didnt brine the cheese?  Geez im so far behind on brining...Ha.              Wash

No brine for the cheese it just gets smoked

fish gets a home made brine water, apple juice, salt,brown sugar, garlic, onion and parsley

15 hours ago, shepp said:

We gave you all the info you need ;)

and I've got a foot long 4" square piece of aluminum tubing/pipe here, spare aquarium air pumps, ready to do it. just need to make end caps and attach the pipe T for the smoke to come out, and run hose to the grill

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic