• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newer model LR308 - The .308 RECON

RFLR-REC.jpg

The .308 Recon delivers accuracy without the weight of a full size precision rifle. We equipped the Recon with Magpul® MOE® stock and grip and back-up iron sights. The AAC® BLACKOUT® suppressor adapter eliminates muzzle flash without affecting accuracy, optimized by the stainless steel mid-length barrel, and free float 4 rail handguard.

MSRP: $1,559.00

RFLR-REC

Caliber Weight (lbs)    Length       Barrel                                                             Twist

308 Win 8.95           35”-38.75”    16” Mid. Hbar Bead Blasted 416 Stainless Steel          1 x 10

This kinda sickness is fun! 

However, with that said, I really like this one as it sits.  I think that it needs a bit of tweaking such as good optics (had to be an ACOG TA11E for me).  I will put on an ambi-safety and an ambi-mag release, but after that, color me GTG.

I posted this rifle as I am a big fan of its features. As fit upgrades?? Optics are a must. The ACOG is a tried and true option, albeit expensive. A BAD-ASS unit would definitely be in order, possibly an ambi mag release. I would have really liked to see a flip up tower sight on the gas block instead of a useless lo-pro that isn't even hidden. Otherwise lengthen the handguard another 2"-4" and cover that silly thing, it's wasted space... A modular rail would have beena nice option vs the heavier quad rail.

• 3 months later...

I would like to see the dpms detachable rear(kinda looks like LMT's) and front front fixed sights on this setup. The magpul plastic sights don't do it for me, tough rifle needs solid sights. :banana:

rear

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/873271/dpms-detachable-rear-sight-ar-15-flattop-matte?cm_vc=sugv1_536347

front

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/536347/dpms-detachable-front-sight-gas-block-height-ar-15-lr-308-steel-matte?cm_vc=sugv1873271