• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy from Nebraska

204 AR

Hi all, I just found this sight while doing a search for a new barrel for my DPMS 243.  I hope to learn a lot from you all and hopefully contribute some also!  I just have two uppers for the large-frame dpms, the forementioned 243 and a 300 Rem Saum.    The 300 shoots lights out, the 243 not so much and it copper fouls terribly so looking to rebarrel, either to another 243 or perhaps 260 or 6.5 creedmoor. 

Look forward to chatting with you all!

All good ideas!  Thanks guys!  Fire lapping might work, maybe the truth is that I want a little longer barrel, more velocity.  Just not sure what I want, but accuracy is a must or it's not worth having around! I kind of like the looks of the AR-stoner barrels at Midway.  Anyone try one yet?

Thanks for the welcome guys!  The 300 saum is a DPMS.  It actually is a bit of a story itself, I found it last summer on the used rack at Cabelas, bought the complete rifle for $725, used but it looked like it didn't have more than 20 rounds thru it.  Someone had put a funky camo stock on it and I think that's why it wasn't selling. 

I've decided to order a BHW barrel in 243 with a 1-9 twist, 22" standard contour, to rebarrel my 243.  Does that sound like a good choice?

I saw a Armalite AR-10 chambered in 300 RSAUM it was camo'ed in desert sand color at a pawn shop they wanted $1500 for it. That inspired me to build a 300 WSM gun , it works now but a had a lot of little problems in the devlopement. The downside is it cost $2 a round to shoot. The range is 1200 yards and 10 mag is enough.